This entry is about our IPS Community Suite 4.2 release
Improved Stripe Integration
Stripe is a popular payment gateway that supports card payments. In IPS Community Suite 4.2 we have made some improvements to our integration:
- When viewing a transaction in the AdminCP, it will show the last 4 digits of the card used, and the result of Stripe's risk evaluation.
- More information is sent to Stripe for easier cross-reference between Stripe's control panel and your AdminCP. This includes the customer's name, billing and shipping addresses, email address, associated transaction/invoice/customer IDs, and the invoice title.
Anti-Fraud Rules now have some additional filters:
- Products being purchases includes...
- Account was registered more/less than [x days] ago
- Customer is/isn't in group
- Customer has previously spent more/less than
- Time since last purchase is more/less than [x days] ago
- Custom profile fields (both at member and customer level)
- IP address is x (exactly, contains or matches regular expression)
- Customer has previously made transactions that failed (opposed to "were blocked by fraud rules")
- Email address matches regular expression
MaxMind per gateway
A new setting has been added that allows you to run MaxMind only against transactions using particular payment gateways.
You can now enter the transaction ID provided by the payment gateway in the AdminCP search box to find a transaction.
If you have a product with multiple renewal terms, a new setting allows you to show alongside each option how much is saved. This can be shown either as a monetary value, or as a percentage.