Charles

IPS Community Suite 4.1.10 Available

This is a maintenance and security release to fix reported issues and add refinement to existing features. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following new/changed features:

• Instant notifications are now dismissible.
  • The sidebar has been added back to the stream pages.
  • You can now sort by most downloaded in Downloads app.
  • The ModeratorCP and AdminCP IP Address Tools now allow you to track the IP addresses used to vote in polls.
  • A new setting has been added to disable the RSS feed for activity streams.
  • A new setting has been added to specify the minimum display name length.
  • Adds a new "can unban" moderator permission separate to the "can edit profiles" permission being used previously.
  • IP addresses now show in reports.
  • There is now a constant-level setting to disable the ACP IP address check in case of being locked out of the ACP.
  • Several improvements to Commerce to make some features clearer: the Shipping Rates configuration pages now indicate to the admin if a potential mistake has been made, the front-end indicates to admins if no support departments have been set up, and the renewal settings wording has been clarified.

Check our Release Notes for full information and to keep up with releases in development. To be notified of updates as soon as they are available you can add an email address in your AdminCP under General Configuration.

56f2b44220738_GeneralConfiguration2016-03-23ztpzu.png.0052ff51cb9cf463c7097e0eff7cc969.png

Comments

Email address or password incorrect. Make sure you are providing the details that you use to log into the IPS Client Area at invisionpower.com/clientarea.

Everything is totally correct but I have this message and can't update.

14 minutes ago, Helby said:

Everything is totally correct but I have this message and can't update.

Remember to enter your IPB client information, not your adminCP or user data

Be warned: Themes lose their backgrounds if you change default skins. I am unsure of this is related to themes with multiple options but I find it very annoying (as I did seeing the installer fail, resulting in me having to do it manually).

2 hours ago, SammyS said:

Remember to enter your IPB client information, not your adminCP or user data

Thanks, but I know it. I guess there was some short DT on the IPS auth server. After 5 minutes everything was working as intended.

Try to update it in the admin CP. System was not able to do it automatically. So, like recommended, I downloaded the pack and copied the content on the website. After, I clicked on the "Continue" button on the admin CP installation page but nothing happened. Tried another time all steps, without success. Finally, I decided to exit from admin CP and to log on the website. The top install notification bar was there saying that the 4.1.10 files were on the server, but they were not installed. I clicked on the installation button and everything went well then after.

3 hours ago, Trap said:

happened the same with me

3 hours ago, Trap said:

That happened for me too, it said that the Admin.php file in system/sessions/ was either not uploaded or manually modified. But that file doesn't come with the update lol. So I did what you did, and it upgraded without any problems..

Ditto, on two sites the same.

I stil can't find the new Downloads sort order feature, anyone?

Great news that the Maxmind and fraud rules made it into this update.

Other than those issues it seems a good update so far.

4 hours ago, Trap said:

The same here :(

5 hours ago, Trap said:

Same for me, but I had this with the last 2 or 3 updates.. Actually I am pretty sure I got this problem since the TopContributor block was broken and I fixed it by myself. Furthermore, now there is this issue Cabola already mentioned.  system/sessions/  file showed an error in ACP although I've never done something with this.

+ Most important for me: the problem with internet explorer / edge is now back. People can't access our site now when using Edge.. This is kinda critical for us (going to open a ticket..)

It's not only IE - website is down/blank for ever guest.. https://www.invisionpower.com/clientarea/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=redirect&url=https%3A%2F%2Finvisionpower.com%2F4bugtrack%2Factive-reports%2F4110-fatal-error-site-down-for-all-guests-r11085%2F&key=b85cca99e583eb70e80371661d7a306d169ecf17&resource=

Solution:

Update to 2.0.2 and no issue with guest visits.

Edited by LukasGr.

5 hours ago, LukasGr. said:

Solution:

Update to 2.0.2 and no issue with guest visits.

This not only fixes the problem that logged off users (guests) were not able to see the forum anymore, but also fixes the problem, that it wasn't possible to modify users anymore in the ACP

With the update of the above given module everything is fine again ^_^

Thanks a million for sharing your finding @LukasGr.

Edited by Tom Wellige

Since upgrading this morning no-one other than admins can post new topics or replies. They get the following error (in the browser console) when hitting the Submit button:

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/sites/html5gamedevs.com/public/system/Text/HtmlPurifierInternalLinkDef.php on line 70

We have no theme mods or plugins causing this. It's obviously a result of the 4.1.10 update. Do you know when it will be fixed? Our forum is effectively useless as a result.

We couldn't even submit our support request via the Admin panel because it throws the above error too.

11 minutes ago, Richard Davey said:

Please apply following patch

If you are having any issues please submit a support ticket. We are happy to assist ^_^

If you are running PHP 5.4 the patch linked above will help. You should also contact your host about upgrading at PHP 5.4 is end of life.