Invision Community has an exciting opportunity for an experienced PHP developer to join our team.
Invision Power Services, Inc. is behind the leading community software platform, Invision Community. Our tailored solutions serve clients of all sizes, from smaller communities to the world’s biggest brands.
We have been on the forefront of independent and white label engagement communities since 2002.
As a back end PHP developer, you will be working closely within a tight nimble team. You are a clear thinking problem solver and are able to demonstrate skills in creativity and innovation with the ability to meet deadlines. You thrive when given a brief and create well structured efficient code.
Your role will be varied and involve bug fixing, peer reviews, helping refine a technical specification and contribute code towards new functionality for Invision Community.
The position is remote, but it will require significant overlap with the EST working day. We offer a friendly relaxed environment with an established team who have a passion for what they do. There is an opportunity to learn from others and progress into more senior roles.
- Write well designed testable efficient code by using sound development processes
- Cooperate with other team members to develop new features
- Gather and refine specifications are requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
The most important characteristic is a willingness to learn and to take on new challenges. The role is varied and you can be working on a launch with an enterprise customer or crafting code for our latest features depending on priorities.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience as a PHP developer in a commercial environment
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with github.
- Experience with various web services such as OAuth, SAML, REST, etc.
- Experience working within a team with a strong culture.
- Some experience with HTML, CSS and JS.
- Worked on large scale applications.
- Confident with modern OOP standards including traits, etc.
The depth of experience can vary between developers. Please apply even if some of these areas are not your strongest points. We can offer training and mentoring for the right candidate and our team is very supportive.
Remote but must be available for a significant portion of 9-5 EST working day.
Dependent on experience. Please submit your salary expectations on the application form.
How To Apply
Please complete the application form giving us as much information as possible.