I'll be honest, I am one of the ones upset with having to wait. But, I'd rather pay $150 for something that WORKS and WORKS WELL than something that doesn't.
I haven't beta tested since Beta 2, I didn't renew my support license because I figured I'd wait until IPB 3 is released, because, let's say I bought it in Feb, and IPB 3 wasn't released until October, that'd be a waste of $25, since I don't really use IPS' support too much.
So, while I'm upset, I'll be glad when 3 finally comes out, it'll work a LOT better and faster than it does now, and will hopefully be much better than 2.3.6, so thanks IPS, for all the hard work! :D
@ Lee, as far as I was told, its $25 regardless of when you renew, you're not forced to renew at the end of those 6 months, and I don't think it'd be fair to have to pay for something when you already bought it (IPB is owned, even after your 6 months is up, you're allowed to use the latest release infinately, but no future releases without renewing. vB does the leased option)