Templates & CSS missing in ACP

Just noticed that all the templates and CSS files in the left pane are all missing and just the global template is in the right pane when trying to edit them (Version 4.7.2). Why are they not showing now as I know they were there before because I have modified several of them previously?

Thanks for any help

Before you dive into the above, let's clarify what you are seeing.

What you should see when editing a theme currently is:

1. Front-end templates
  2. Custom CSS

What you won't see is the following:

1. Back-end templates
  2. Application CSS

If you are not seeing what you should be seeing, then maybe you've got a problem that needs to be looked into.

If you are seeing what you should be seeing, then dive on into the topic.

Very strange ACP behavior, yesterday nothing was showing except the global template in the editing pane and nothing else under the templates tab or the css tab in the left pane and I tried several times during the day. This morning everything is back all the templates and the css are there to choose from in the left pane, weird.

Thanks for the responses!

I think that was the issue:

You potentially either closed an IPS message on top and reloaded the page or upgraded from 4.7.2 to the later version. The fix supposes to be in 4.7.8.

Edited by Luuuk

7 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

You said that you are on 4.7.2. The fix is in 4.7.8.

Yes, I saw that but I am not upgrading as I don't like many of the changes past 4.7.2. I have been with IPS since early 2003 and am tired of the constant changes, some good but most not good for my forum with the majority of my members who are older and don't like changes any more than I do. Especially like the upgrade notification that you can't get rid of in the ACP!

Edited by Genestoy

2 minutes ago, Genestoy said:

Yes, I saw that but I am not upgrading as I don't like many of the changes past 4.7.2.

Like I said, you don't need to upgrade to get around the issue. Just remember to close the IPS message (every time it is re-appearing) and reload the page. That's all.

Edited by Luuuk