Vendor Database w Voting or Ratings?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

I'd like to add a section on our site where we can add vendors with whom the community has worked and had good experiences. I would like the ability for users to indicate their level of satisfaction with the vendors...upvoting or reviews or ratings, something like that which will allow vendors rated the highest by community members to be indicated as such. I saw that upvoting is only available in Q&A type forums. It looks like Gallery and Downloads allow reviews...our vendor entries wouldn't necessarily be the intended purpose of Gallery or Downloads, but it could work...maybe. Anyway, wondered if anyone knew of the best way to do this? Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

You might consider checking out this marketplace app:

Neat, thank you! I think I'll experiment with pages databases and if that doesn't work will for sure look more into this app. 

I have a few categories set up (https://www.thewave.engineer/vendors/) and am trying to figure out how to define the fields (change them from their defaults...see screenshot below w defaults) in records users create. Can't seem to figure out how to do this - is there documentation somewhere? 

Could contain: Page, Text

Great, thank you. I found a short guide to modifying default fields here for those searching in the future: 

Now in the database settings I am seeing this error: 

Could contain: Text

Ultimately I want to have dozens of categories in which category-specific records can be created. I guess I don't understand why categories are available if a database only allows you to use a single category, which it seems is what's being suggested by this error. I must be reading this wrong, right?

Got it, so basically don't worry about it. Thanks. 

I'm trying to format some of the field labels and values by following this guide but the guide is not very thorough and just provides a few examples. And I am not a coder. For example, on this page I'm trying to make the name of the vendor (Hubs) appear in a larger font size, currently it is small like all the other text and looks like this:

Could contain: Page, Text 

I tried the custom code 

{$label}{$formValue}<span class='ipsType_pageTitle'>

but that did nothing. I tried it on the Address field and it just broke it. Is there some sort of translator with a WYSIWYG GUI that will then translate what I create into custom code that will be accepted by Invision Community? Or do I need to learn coding or hire a programmer to help with this?

Seems like I might need help with custom formatting (I am not a programmer/developer). I've reached out to several folks in the provider directory here but so far no responses. Anyone know of an Invision Community developer I can work with on some projects?