Custom Profile fields search option

I've noticed that some Field types do not allow the Search behaviour to be changed, the option is not displayed. 

For example, adding a new custom profile field with a type of Text does allow the Search to be altered.

Could contain: Page, Text, White Board

Could contain: Page, Text, Paper

But changing the Field type to Number does not.

Could contain: Page, Text, Paper

These other types also do not allow the search to be changed: Address, Checkbox, Code, Color, Date, Member, Poll, Rating, Upload and Yes/No.

Is this a bug or intentional?  I should point out that this as been checked on a local install of v4.7.11 beta 1.

We can search for both Text and Number types from the advanced Member search, it doesn't disable that ability.  In this case I want to disable the search ability to prevent them being seen from the advanced Member search. 

The fields are set to Officials only to prevent them from showing in the members profile but they will learn of there existence if the try a Member search.

In looking into this issue, I found a bug where fields shown to only staff are still visible so I have submitted a bug for that. I have also asked for some investigation on what you're stating here on visibility of all fields. The search pattern for some would be restricted based on data but whether or not they show up, I am unsure if this is intended.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 4 months later...