Reward donations

Hi all,

I'm stumped, I think I've set this up before but cannot figure out how to do this now. (I'm getting old, argh!)🫣

Here is my question: I like to reward those who make (any) donation by giving them access to a specific for everybody else hidden gallery folder.
Is that even without plug-ins possible and if so how?

Thank you  in advance!

28 minutes ago, riko said:

Hi all,

I'm stumped, I think I've set this up before but cannot figure out how to do this now. (I'm getting old, argh!)🫣

Here is my question: I like to reward those who make (any) donation by giving them access to a specific for everybody else hidden gallery folder.
Is that even without plug-ins possible and if so how?

Thank you  in advance!

There is a donation app that has a group promotion. Provided you have made it group permission based the access to that gallery folder, it will do what you want imo.

Thank you for your time & reply. 😄

Yes I've seen that plug-in. Based upon past experiences I try to run my forum without plug-ins that need constant updates when the forum software is updated.  
Thinking of it, this is such a logical thing, ->donation-> give reward, I'm baffeled that this isn't already included in the forum software.

Anyway, I think I remember I manually added this reward to people who donated in the past.

Thanks again for the reply! 😀

21 minutes ago, riko said:

Thank you for your time & reply. 😄

Yes I've seen that plug-in. Based upon past experiences I try to run my forum without plug-ins that need constant updates when the forum software is updated.  
Thinking of it, this is such a logical thing, ->donation-> give reward, I'm baffeled that this isn't already included in the forum software.

Anyway, I think I remember I manually added this reward to people who donated in the past.

Thanks again for the reply! 😀

The only way to do this in the core platform would be to add specific donations as products. There is no way in which to do it with the normal donations part unfortunately.

21 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The only way to do this in the core platform would be to add specific donations as products. There is no way in which to do it with the normal donations part unfortunately.

There is currently no way in which to do it (exept for the earlier mentioned plug-in). 🙃 
It's just code you can target to do some more code (I think). 

But thank you for chiming in! I'll have a look at the product suggestion.👍