Having issues embedding typeform on a new community

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Typeform embeds perfectly on our other community but for some reason is loading up blank on a new community. Are there any settings/configs that would prevent the embeds from showing?

Note to invision: I just created 'Test thread' on the community with embed code added in via source.

Edited by LiamH

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

As Typeform isn't a supported oembed I'm going to hazard a guess that your embed code includes an iframe and you need to add the domain to the allowed iframe bases in the Editor settings in the ACP.

Good point. Just added that but made no difference. Here's the code with the form reference removed incase that gives any clues:

<div data-tf-widget=“XXX” data-tf-opacity=“100" data-tf-iframe-props=“title=Thread/DM Support Immediate Feedback - Mentor Instigated (Es)” data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium=“snippet” style=“width:100%;height:500px;“></div><script src=“//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js”></script>

Oooof....seeing the code...change this:

<div data-tf-widget=“XXX” data-tf-opacity=“100" data-tf-iframe-props=“title=Thread/DM Support Immediate Feedback - Mentor Instigated (Es)” data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium=“snippet” style=“width:100%;height:500px;“></div><script src=“//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js”></script>

to this:

<div data-tf-widget="XXX" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Thread/DM Support Immediate Feedback - Mentor Instigated (Es)" data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:500px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

6 minutes ago, LiamH said:

Just added that but made no difference

There's no iframe tag in the code, so it's irrelevant

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

That code has typographic quotation marks, not the proper characters like ". 

Changed code to this and still no difference: 

<div data-tf-widget="YK82aKga" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Thread/DM Support Immediate Feedback - Mentor Instigated (Es)" data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:500px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Oooof....seeing the code...change this:

to this:

<div data-tf-widget="XXX" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Thread/DM Support Immediate Feedback - Mentor Instigated (Es)" data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:500px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

There's no iframe tag in the code, so it's irrelevant

Ty! Still no luck. Here's the URL incase it's helpful:

https://ayuda.qle.mx/topic/28-test-thread/

2 minutes ago, LiamH said:

That's on your platform? 

Um, yep.

With it now working, I can see that it does put in an iframe via the Javascript so you could try putting typeform.com into the Editor's settings:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

That's the limit of assistance that I can provide, because it works fine once the obvious issues with the code are fixed as far as I can see.

Could someone from Invision please take a look? I'm on a really tight turnaround and have been trying to fix this for a few hours. Seems to be a bug on our community or misconfiguration - would really appreciate some help here. Thanks!

• Solution
21 minutes ago, LiamH said:

Here's the URL incase it's helpful:

https://ayuda.qle.mx/topic/28-test-thread/

My first suggestion would be to use a NEW topic for each try. That page is now full of errors and it’s impossible to judge if a new reply would even work. 

You certainly have problems in your code. I can easily embed the forms on my forum just as Nathan.

Just now, opentype said:

My first suggestion would be to use a NEW topic for each try. That page is now full of errors and it’s impossible to judge if a new reply would even work. 

You certainly have problems in your code. I can easily embed the forms on my forum just as Nathan.

Starting a new thread surprisingly worked! Thanks 🤩