Locked out of main Admin account

When I try to login I get a "Something went wrong" error and my account is immediately locked for 3 failed login attempts (although only 1 attempt) I manually unlock the account and the same thing happens again. Luckily I have a backup admin account, but I can't seem to get the main account fixed/unlocked even if I manually change the password so I am 100% sure it is correct.

On 5/27/2023 at 11:19 PM, Ecnad said:

Nope.

You actually have cloudflare running there, so I could suggest disabling that first of all. I am having no problem at all logging into your admin CP on this end. 

I would also advise ensuring you are upgraded to the latest release of the platform

8 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You actually have cloudflare running there, so I could suggest disabling that first of all. I am having no problem at all logging into your admin CP on this end. 

I would also advise ensuring you are upgraded to the latest release of the platform

Please try logging in as a user with those credentials. That's the fail point

16 hours ago, Lisa Lightner said:

It's happening to me too. I was even able to get in a back door, and reset the password, so I was 1000% sure that it was the correct password. Still, it locked me out.

Why isn't there an option to "reset password" on this screen?

Could contain: Page, Text

Design choice, more than anything. No other reason than that. 

While I know you may have  got the password correct, the email is incomplete there, which is why you will be having issues logging in with that.

Thanks, I know how to type my email address in.... I purposely left it off the screenshot for privacy reasons.

So, there's no "reset password" option....because you don't like the way it looks? Customer convenience be damned? How are we supposed to reset our passwords.

40 minutes ago, Lisa Lightner said:

So, there's no "reset password" option....because you don't like the way it looks? Customer convenience be damned? How are we supposed to reset our passwords.

That can be done on the front-end of your community. On the login page, click "forgot your password?"

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:02 PM, Jim M said:

That can be done on the front-end of your community. On the login page, click "forgot your password?"

Right, except I use two different email addresses, because I have an admin account and a user account.

I gotta tell you, this is exhausting. Every monthly update, I cannot log in. Every.single. month. At this point, I have written down my login and pw and have it sitting on my desk, and every month, it tells me that is not my pw.

50 minutes ago, Lisa Lightner said:

Right, except I use two different email addresses, because I have an admin account and a user account.

I'm not sure what you mean. Our password reset would work on any account, regular user or admin.

50 minutes ago, Lisa Lightner said:

I gotta tell you, this is exhausting. Every monthly update, I cannot log in. Every.single. month. At this point, I have written down my login and pw and have it sitting on my desk, and every month, it tells me that is not my pw.

Please note, I am not trying to be dismissive or rude here, but these situations typically are caused by either a browser password manager overriding your credentials with old ones, accidentally inserting an old credential, wrong email/display name, etc... Which is all understandable these days as we have millions of credentials to manage. However, I do want to be clear, the system merely does not change your password without some action on your part.

With that said, if you would like us to try to change the password on your account and then try a little later to access again, we can do that. Please let us know.