Twitter suddenly won't embed

Go to solution Solved by Ryan Ashbrook,

Tweets are converted properly on this forum, but I see the same error @BradSmith is reporting.  Can see it by trying to paste a tweet here.

https://www.morningbigblue.com/community/topic/4320-introduce-yourself/page/10/#comments

For simplicity, you can try pasting this into a new post there https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1656697812266909696

I started having the same problem on both of my communities a few days ago. I'm on the latest software and I'm up to date with optional patches. I have had my host (Cloudways) looking into it the last 2 days with no luck as well. I'll update if I figure anything out, but I'm semi-glad to see it's not just me.

I still haven't found a fix for this.  If anyone does, please update here.

In the developer console, when embedding a tweet, now seeing this as a CORB error

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1656697812266909696 with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.

17 hours ago, MorningBigBlue said:

I still haven't found a fix for this.  If anyone does, please update here.

In the developer console, when embedding a tweet, now seeing this as a CORB error

That error also happens here and Twitter embeds correctly.

I have tagged a developer to see if there is any further insight into why this may be happening.

If you're using CloudFlare, you may wish trying to disable that temporarily. Something might be happening there?

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I have tagged a developer to see if there is any further insight into why this may be happening.

If you're using CloudFlare, you may wish trying to disable that temporarily. Something might be happening there?

Hey Jim, thank you for flagging this. I'm hoping this helps narrow it down, but to follow-up, I'm not using Cloudflare (or any CDN).

Edited by DDMike

Indeed, if I disconnect from our corporate VPN it does work, so it looks like they have some sort of firewall that is blocking requests from certain IP ranges. This is what I see on network:

Could contain: Text, Page, Paper, Business Card

Since the request comes from your server, and not from you specifically, it's likely getting caught up in that as well.

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

I'm wondering if it's possible if Twitter is rate limiting or otherwise blocking the servers as well.  They've been making a ton of changes that have broken a lot of things.  It would not surprise me if this was one of them.  

That's my fear. Twitter has recently disabled embedding on Substack, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're expanding that rollout. I'm hoping that's not the case, though.

9 minutes ago, Dave MacDonald said:

I suppose the question would be, if it's a twitter thing, then how come the twitter embed functionality is still working here?

Our IP address has not yet been banned yet is the current assumption.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, BradSmith said:

FYI we are able to use the embeds again, I was about to open a ticket with DigitalOcean, maybe someone beat me to the punch?

Unfortunately, it's still not working for me. Hopefully it magically starts working again, soon. 🤞

Twitter working fine in my forum. We have had an issue for a long time of not being able to embed Facebook posts by copying and pasting the post link. The only work around is going onto a desktop and getting the embed code for a post which you can't get from a mobile. In any event we only allow mods and admins to access Source Code to post.