Google indexing 18 older threads with the title and username of a new topic (only 8 hours old)

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

8 hours ago, a poster named oscwilde posted a topic named "Adding your own samples from an external source" on my forum. 

Now when I search google for that title, I get 18 older, unrelated topics, some archived 13 year old topics, with that new topic name and member name??

Here's the new topic: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topic/149087-adding-your-own-samples-from-an-external-source/

Here's the wrong Google search results: https://www.google.com/search?q="Adding+your+own+samples+from+an+external+source"+site:www.logicprohelp.com&rlz=1C5CHFA_enFR1005FR1005&sxsrf=APwXEddXZRVAK55-kVH25hq_sH8nS979cw:1685018739789&ei=c1hvZLHpL5CfkdUPnaWv2AY&start=10&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwjx7rL7v5D_AhWQT6QEHZ3SC2sQ8NMDegQIIRAG&biw=2220&bih=1603&dpr=2

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Well, 27 topics but yep...maybe it's currently indexing.

Wait it was 18 topics a minute ago. Now I find only 6. I just removed the "Recent Topics" widget as it doesn't seem to be a good idea to have it on a view-topic page for SEO purposes. 

Thanks a lot. 

Still it's weird that Google re-indexes older archived topics with new content (the title in the Recent Topics widget), and doesn't index the new topic instead? 

On 5/25/2023 at 8:12 AM, David N. said:

Wait it was 18 topics a minute ago. Now I find only 6. I just removed the "Recent Topics" widget as it doesn't seem to be a good idea to have it on a view-topic page for SEO purposes. 

Thanks a lot. 

Still it's weird that Google re-indexes older archived topics with new content (the title in the Recent Topics widget), and doesn't index the new topic instead? 

Some thoughts regarding Google: 

Focus on your community and your community's experience. You are building a community experience for humans, not for crawl bots.  If it's useful to have widgets like Recent Topics or Popular Topics for your users to explore and discover and navigate and "be sticky" with your community, then be confident in your decision.