(Request) Visibility group setting per widget

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

You can also use the block feature to set the visibility 

You mean Pages blocks, right? If not!! This is another solution. if you have Pages, you can create any custom block/widget and set permissions to whom can view the block.

Edited by Afrodude

5 minutes ago, PatrickRQ said:

I do not mean Pages block. I mean all existing widgets we have shipped by IPS as ready to use.

I know, but if you have Pages, you can recreate all IPS widgets using it Topics feed, Posts feed, and Poll etc... and add the group permissions you need.

3 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

I know, but if you have Pages, you can recreate all IPS widgets using it Topics feed, Posts feed, and Poll etc... and add the group permissions you need.

Thanks for suggestion. I am actually aware of such possibility, however I believe it should be available by default. I always missed it.

1 minute ago, PatrickRQ said:

Thanks for suggestion. I am actually aware of such possibility, however I believe it should be available by default. I always missed it.

Well, it's a good solution because it might take a very long time for IPS to look into our suggestions, and usually they don't imply them into the core system. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

Well, it's a good solution because it might take a very long time for IPS to look into our suggestions, and usually they don't imply them into the core system. 🙂 

Long time? My 10 years experience is they rarely do, at least mine ^^ But no wonder.. I do the same in my community, look into suggestions 100 people screams about or enter suggestion when having too much spare time - hardly ever.

When you become age 35+ and have family, dev is no longer the same as before, heh.

Edited by PatrickRQ