RSS Feed Import to Forum Topic not attaching images

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It would depend on if the source actually has it as an image on its feed, or if its part of the content. Do you have a link we could take a look at?

Hi Marc, I PMed you the details.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The feed there isnt adding these in the enclosure tag as it should be, so they wouldnt be shown. Its using its own custom namespace rather than that of the RSS standard

OK I'm going to explore an alternative right now, will see how that does.  Thanks Marc!

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The feed there isnt adding these in the enclosure tag as it should be, so they wouldnt be shown. Its using its own custom namespace rather than that of the RSS standard

Just to clarify, the IPS impl requires the optional image sub-element of channel to be populated in order to import the images per the setting I screenshot, rather than a feed provider using their own (generally yahoo) media namespace?

Edited by Clover13

11 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

Just to clarify, the IPS impl requires the optional image sub-element of channel to be populated in order to import the images per the setting I screenshot, rather than a feed provider using their own (generally yahoo) media namespace?

It would need to be an enclosure as seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_enclosure

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

Schaken was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

I personally use https://rss.app/ and it does a very good job. you can have a bunch of different RSS setups for free and it has a RSS builder. I have used it for about 4 years now.

To add to that I made an app that web crawls the RSS site and grabs the content more to my needs and rebuilds my forum post that way I want AFTER the RSS has been initially grabbed.

RSS is REALLY cool, but using API's and Webhooks are way better when you are able to use them.