RSS Feed Import to Forum Topic timestamp update

I'm running a few third party RSS imports from non-RSS sources which results in a publishing delay.  As such they are posted but never appear on an activity stream first page because they are buried by the time they are posted with their actual time stamps. Is there any way to override the posted time or any other solution to automatically bump an RSS fed forum topic when IPS ingests it?

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way in which to do either of those things at the current time unfortunately. If there is delay, is that delay on their side or yours? If yours, check the task can run for long enough before your mysql instance times it out

It's really on the third party feed rendering side, nothing that is IPS' issue.  My use case is that the sources I'm pulling data from post to both Facebook and their own website, however they post much more often and richer (more images, video, etc) posts to Facebook than their own websites.  So my approach was to generate an RSS Feed from their Facebook Page.  It works, however Facebook has poll throttling and there are delays in getting that data and making it available to IPS.  Generally by the time it's available via RSS to consume by IPS, it's 12+ hours later, and it appears with that data/timestamp and is buried pages below on our frontpage of current posts and never gets seen by members.  Plus the information is important to be available within a couple hours of being posted as my members base decisions off the information, 12 hours later it's far less relevant.  However, as a helper, I can create a sidebar topic block or page block that can populate from the sources of that data within IPS so it at least isolates it for consumption by viewers.  I'll keep experimenting.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for ideas on this if anyone has any.  It's basically a feed delay and the topics created by the feed are lagged.  I need a way to "bump" it when the topic gets created.

Something like this automatically bumping topics coupled when they are created in a specific forum or the like would work.