Static version export ?

Hello,

Unfortunattely, after several years, our forum is not active anymore.

But with a lot of post, we want to keep the history available.
We're looking for a solution read only.

Do you know a solution for having an export of the site in static ? (no more interaction / no more registration/reply and no more database etc.)

I will try HTTrack Website Copier later this week but maybe if you know something

Thanks again,

Hi,

I know that you intend to create a "simple page" with "no database" but wouldn't for now be sufficient that you just disable most features on the site? For example:

ACP > System > Applications > under System disable most modules (probably you need to keep only "System")
ACP > System > Login & Registration > disable all Methods, disable new registrations
ACP > Community > Forums > Permissions from the dropdown menu for each forum > for all groups deselect everything except "See forum" + "Read topics".

Have not checked what can be more disabled.

Edited by Luuuk

@BenHur how big is your site? I was looking for a similar solution, but with a site with 2M+ posts/100k users. 

So far wget seemed to be the most stable, httrack kinda crashed around 50k pages. 

Luuik's solution without security patches and whatnot, is a very temporary fix IMO - although a working one. But if you add a modsecurity filter or apache config section that blocks all POST requests, it could work. People can navigate around the archive using the static links. 

1 hour ago, balazsp said:

Luuik's solution without security patches and whatnot, is a very temporary fix IMO - although a working one.

Oh yes. I know what exactly you are up to. As I said: "for now" = just wanted to provide a temporary "solution" until the whole page will be secured in other way. Could not provide any other way since I did not test the spiders at all.