Child themes version number not updating in database

Good morning, I noticed that when I updated to 4.7.10 and then updated my skin. It looks like updating the parent them doesn't update the version number of the child theme in the database, causing the child theme to look outdated. This was verified by @Ehren on his site.

Could contain: Text

https://www.ipsfocus.com/forums/topic/7894-how-to-install-and-upgrade-themes/?do=findComment&comment=69684

On 5/12/2023 at 8:32 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

The child theme is independent of its parent. It will not update the version number of another theme, whether it's the parent or otherwise.

Thats odd I always thought it was parent master code> child inherited parent's code? So, wouldn't that mean since the code changes in the parent it would apply to the child itself? So, if the version number of code were changed in the parent it would get passed down to the child? If not, then what really is the purpose of a child theme? I thought you always wanted to leave the parent theme alone, and then modify the child theme so when you update the parent theme the code gets passed down to the child theme as well? Maybe I am misunderstanding it. Coming from Xenforo this is how it always worked. Does it not work this was with IPS?

It doesnt work that way on IPS, no. Themes are individual. Child themes are there so you can essentially use that theme to otherride things in a parent theme. Nothing more than that. It doesnt mean that it actually is the parent theme, and therefore would not share its version number