Standalone web-app, iOS: should give feedback page is loading

TSP

It seems the only way to get push alerts on iOS is to choose "Standalone" as the display mode in the manifest.

Problem I see is that if any page in the community takes a bit long too load, it looks to the user as if nothing is happening. In the standard Safari iOS browser you can see the loading indication under the address bar that pops up when you click something, but nothing like that appears in a standalone web-app. 

Obviously slow loading times should be investigated and resolved, but I feel there should still be some feedback from the UI that loading is in progress, otherwise the user will just try to click multiple times. 

I'm not sure if there's something that could be added to the manifest to resolve this, or if you could work on something else, but I think you should investigate some UX improvement here.

Edited by TSP

Yes I agree with this. It would be a great QOL improvement for the standalone app if there was a thin progress bar or something that appears at the top of a page whenever you’re loading the next page. I actually tried to look into implementing one myself using custom JS and HTML within the theme templates, but could never get it to work. 😞 So IPS doing something out of the box would be appreciated for a future update.

Yes, that’s true. Another thing is, if I can add it here, the notification options. I can’t see any notifications for a new post( only if you following??) it will be handy to receive notifications for new content. Second thing is the refreshing rate, it should be there a task to refresh app every few min etc while your app is running in the background? Atm you need to refresh manually when accessing…