Google Maps - Places API errors

IPS: 4.7.9
Browser: Chrome

I am testing Google Maps integration on two different sites.  One works some of the time, and other times it doesn't.  I just set up the second one about 30 minutes ago but it's seeing 100% error rates on Places API.  The first one was setup last night (12+ hours ago).

Billing is set up and OK.

API keys I believe are set up correctly as far as I can tell and identical config on both sites (minus the keys themselves and domain restriction on the Public Key).  Private key is set to None restriction to allow for dynamic IPs from host.

I'll get an error like this on both sites with Places API, and other times on the one site it will work.

Could contain: Page, Text

I have tested with the default theme and disabling all marketplace applications and plugins one at a time.

No JS errors in console when typing in the address, and no network errors when retrieving JS files from Google (all 200 status) or otherwise.

Last hour of API calls during testing:

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text, Page

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

Anyone having similar issues or any suggestions?  Easy to test with Events in Create Event and typing in the address line.  It should auto suggest addresses as you type.

Edit:  Also tried in Incognito mode and see same results.  Works sometimes, most of the time see that error.

Edited by Clover13

Typically, if the keys are the only thing different between your communities, this sounds like the key wasn't setup correctly. Did you try using the working community's key on the one that isn't working? (Make sure anything unique to the community, like URL restrictions, are added/changed) That would confirm it.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Typically, if the keys are the only thing different between your communities, this sounds like the key wasn't setup correctly. Did you try using the working community's key on the one that isn't working? (Make sure anything unique to the community, like URL restrictions, are added/changed) That would confirm it.

I think the odd part is even the working community is failing often too, but it does work some of the time.  The other thing is not all APIs are consistently failing, which in itself is odd.

2 day snapshot from the semi-working site:

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Page, Text, Number, Symbol

Alright I figured it out.

The main issue is that it is a multi-field form in Events for example and other places where the same style form is used (i.e. marketplace apps).

The required part is first selecting a country versus going directly into the address line and starting to type.  If I do not select a country, I get the error include above.  You can see in that screenshot where country just say's "Country".

Once I select "United States", I can then type in the Address line and it will start to auto suggest for selection.  However once I select something, I still sometimes get that same Google error with the same error message but the auto suggestion does appear to work.  Once I select the correct address, it will fill in the rest of the form and allow me to submit it.  After that, the map displays as it should.

I'm guessing the times it worked before, either I selected the country and didn't realize that was part of the issue or it was already populated with United States (which does happen in a Marketplace application I use).