Edited 1st Post in Topic and it Gets Moved to Both of Thread

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

Strange issue… self-hosted v4.7.9. Small forum and had (have) a strange issue. When mods or users edit the first post in a topic, when they save it, that first post gets moved to the bottom of the thread, almost as if it were a new post in the thread. 

I updated from 4.7 to 4.7.9 yesterday and in testing, it hasn’t happened again so maybe the upgrade fixed something. Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

Secondly, assuming my issue is resolved (I hope), how could I “fix” the existing ones? How could I correct these topics and restore the original first post to its proper place as the actual first post?

Thanks for reading.

3 minutes ago, ZackR said:

Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

I can't reproduce this myself.

4 minutes ago, ZackR said:

how could I “fix” the existing ones? How could I correct these topics and restore the original first post to its proper place as the actual first post?

Do you have a third party app installed that affects the display/order of posts? That could be the reason as to why it happened in your forum.

20 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

I can't reproduce this myself.

Do you have a third party app installed that affects the display/order of posts? That could be the reason as to why it happened in your forum.

Thanks for replying. I don’t have any that should impact our display order but I will absolutely look into the plugins we have installed. That’s a very good idea. Thank you!

It was a bug in previous versions because of the new future publish option. The bug was fixed in either 4.7.8 or 4.7.9, can't remember right now. Either way, since you've updated to 4.7.9 the issue won't happen anymore.

The only way to fix already edited old posts is to change the post data directly in the database (always make a backup!) or using a modification.