Errors trying to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.7 after switch to php8

15 hours ago, CannonFolly said:

This particular table has like 10,000 rows. Am I looking at the word_app column and editing values

It says from 'ibf_core_applications' to 'core_applications

Most of the items in that column 'word_app' just say 'core'

This table describes a language. You probably also use a second language.
It might be a good idea to uninstall your second language. This may also bypass this update error.
After the update is complete, you will reinstall your language pack.

Regarding the error mentioned in your screenshot: "Incorrect Key File for Table", it usually happens because of either a disk space issue or a corruption in the aforementioned table.

The disk space issue is caused when the sql query is fetching data greater than the /tmp folder 's size. That 's the folder used for storing temporary tables btw. To fix this, you must change the folder location to a disk having enough free space

The corruption issue can be be fixed with the query posted above. If that won't help, you can drop the table altogether from the dataabse then re create it and re insert the data.

But if it is related to the disc space issue, it is best if you talked to your host about this, unless you manage your own vps/dedicated box.

Edited by Miss_B

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

OMG, that did it!

IT COMPLETED THE UPGRADE!!!!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I could kiss you right now lol.

6 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Regarding the error mentioned in your screenshot: "Incorrect Key File for Table", it usually happens because of either a disk space issue or a corruption in the aforementioned table.

The disk space issue is caused when the sql query is fetching data greater than the /tmp folder 's size. That 's the folder used for storing temporary tables btw. To fix this, you must change the folder location to a disk having enough free space

The corruption issue can be be fixed with the query posted above. If that won't help, you can drop the table altogether from the dataabse then re create it and re insert the data.

But if it is related to the disc space issue, it is best if you talked to your host about this, unless you manage your own vps/dedicated box.

Thanks for the reply. My host does have me on a MySQL VPS. Apparently this database was originally checking in at over 6GB for some reason, but all of the recent file checks have been varying between 20 to 200 MB.

It looks like Adlago's query fixed it, so fingers crossed it was just corrupted and not a disk space issue.

5 minutes ago, CannonFolly said:

It looks like Adlago's query fixed it, so fingers crossed it was just corrupted and not a disk space issue.

If the repair query fixed it, you have nothing to worry about it being a disc space issue.