queue task continually locked

Creating a separate thread in case it's unrelated to this:

Someone requested that their account be deleted, and so an admin set that going. As this was being processed in the background, it seems to have got stuck (~23% of 9k posts). This has caused the queue task to be locked every time it tries to run, once a minute. A LOT of other tasks are getting backed up because of this (mostly notifications, so far) and it's getting worse over time.

Here is the System Log error when I try to set the background tasks running manually:

Error: Call to a member function container() on null (0)
#0 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(374): IPS\Content\_Comment->delete()
#1 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/extensions/core/Queue/MemberContent.php(126): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post->delete()
#2 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\core\extensions\core\Queue\_MemberContent->run()
#3 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(87): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#4 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->IPS\core\modules\admin\system\{closure}()
#5 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(138): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct()
#6 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->process()
#7 /usr/share/nginx/html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(42): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /usr/share/nginx/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->execute()
#9 /usr/share/nginx/html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

I disabled marketplace addons (we have two) to no avail.

When the admin kicked off the delete process, we were a couple of months behind on updates. I've since updated to latest (in an attempt to solve the issue in the linked thread above) but that didn't help.

edit - it seems the delete posts job was kicked off 3 separate times, looking at the stalled background processes at the bottom of the dashboard. Evidently, the admin tried to run it twice as he wasn't sure it was actually running. Unsure if this is the cause of the issue. Ideally, I'd like to:

- remove the delete posts job so the queue task and process all these pending jobs

- determine why we can't purge this user's posts

Edited by rllmukforum

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Take a look via PHPMyAdmin in your core_queue table. There's a column called app. If you find a record there related to (cms or Pages), you will have to delete it manually from there, as you didn't uninstall Pages (you removed it).

Nope, all good there. There are 78 rows and all reference the core app. The top two referencing the delete posts/messages of that user.

Rather than fiddle with data for this user, is it safe to simply remove the relevant rows from core_queue? Basically, stop the account delete process for that user and allow the (now considerable) backlog of notification and other tasks to process?

If need be, I'll delete this user's posts via the API, but we do need the queue task to be able to function.

23 minutes ago, rllmukforum said:

Rather than fiddle with data for this user, is it safe to simply remove the relevant rows from core_queue? Basically, stop the account delete process for that user and allow the (now considerable) backlog of notification and other tasks to process?

If need be, I'll delete this user's posts via the API, but we do need the queue task to be able to function.

In my opinion, you can delete rows in this table, or those rows that bother you.

You can also try Repair Table

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Please do not delete anything directly in the database. If this is still going on, we can take a look, please let us know.

It's definitely still ongoing, core_queue now has 1,265 rows. Would appreciate someone taking a look. To whom should I supply the admin login credentials?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thanks Jim, have updated the access information with the account details generated by the admin panel.

Please ensure that Two Factor Authentication is disabled for our account. It is not possible for all our technicians who require access to assist you to be able to use this. If you would like to use security questions, please provide all questions and answers in the Notes field of the Client Area Access Details.

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that Two Factor Authentication is disabled for our account. It is not possible for all our technicians who require access to assist you to be able to use this. If you would like to use security questions, please provide all questions and answers in the Notes field of the Client Area Access Details.

Sorry about that, staff accounts require 2FA. I have temporarily disabled for the provided account.

Just now, Jim M said:

Thank you, I am able to get it but appears we are still missing FTP/SFTP access

If this is needed for debugging this particular issue, I can work on getting access. We don't have a general FTP service up, and our SSH is key-only auth.

18 hours ago, Jim M said:

We would require this to continue support.

I'm not sure how quickly I can arrange access, I need to undo/subvert some of the access controls we have in place.

At the very least, it would be great to stop the stuck post delete tasks set going by the account deletion process, just to allow notifications to be parsed. I'm less worried about fulfilling the user's request to delete the account than I am having the board operate correctly meanwhile.

Do you have a sense of what would be done on your end with admin panel/FTP access? For instance, I could provide here the rows in core_queue pertaining to the stuck deletion tasks if it would provide insight.

2 minutes ago, rllmukforum said:

I'm not sure how quickly I can arrange access, I need to undo/subvert some of the access controls we have in place.

At the very least, it would be great to stop the stuck post delete tasks set going by the account deletion process, just to allow notifications to be parsed. I'm less worried about fulfilling the user's request to delete the account than I am having the board operate correctly meanwhile.

Do you have a sense of what would be done on your end with admin panel/FTP access? For instance, I could provide here the rows in core_queue pertaining to the stuck deletion tasks if it would provide insight.

Sorry, we would not be able to interact back/forth for troubleshooting/resolving issues like these, we would require full access to the code.

On 5/9/2023 at 9:17 AM, Jim M said:

Sorry, we would not be able to interact back/forth for troubleshooting/resolving issues like these, we would require full access to the code.

Apologies for the delay, client area updated with SFTP access credentials.