Search Engine Optimization : Sitemap

1 hour ago, Jheroen said:

Is it the best option to use the robots.txt which is shown here

We have a built-in robots.txt file now. If we ever believe there to be a need to update it, we will. You can set to use it by going to ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Crawl Management.

1 minute ago, Jheroen said:

okay, i created a robots file based on your website is that one okay or should i modify it and if so what will be the contents?

It's recommended you use the one that is generated within your ACP instead of using the one on this website.  

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

We have a built-in robots.txt file now. If we ever believe there to be a need to update it, we will. You can set to use it by going to ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Crawl Management.

If you do what Jim says, IPB will manage updates to the robots.txt as new improvements are made, etc.  

thanks again, last for now: this board runs for years, can it be there are several folders/files that once were in use but not anymore? And if so how could we clean the root

Edited by Jheroen

15 hours ago, Jheroen said:

thanks again, last for now: this board runs for years, can it be there are several folders/files that once were in use but not anymore? And if so how could we clean the root

There is no built in way to do this, however what you could do is this, after making sure you are on the latest release and things are working properly:

1. Make a full backup in case of issues, and turn your site offline while you do this
  2. Delete all files and folders apart from
    /applications/
    /api/.htaccess (if you have one)
    /datastore/
    /plugins/
    /uploads/
    constants.php (if you have one)
    conf_global.php
    .htaccess
  3. Upload a fresh set of files from your client area

Note, this is something done at your own risk, and does not account for any changes you may have made from default, such as upload location changes, third party items etc

Hello Mac Stridgen

Two websites at two hosting providers and the problem is identical. To view the video you'll need to use the L/P of the .HTPASSWD in our customer account.

Do not disable website maintenance mode.

Edited by iProxy

• Website A is under construction, it is closed to the public via the firewall and maintenance mode is deactivated.
  • Website B is in maintenance mode, but is accessible to the public (beta tester).

In both cases there's the same problem. The web link we provided points to a sub-domain in which there is no website, but to protect the data with a htpasswd. Both websites must remain inaccessible to the unauthorized public.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Aleksandr Timashov said:

I pressed Rebuild Sitemap in ACP, but my sitemap.php didn`t change. It didn`t change since 2019 year.

Looking at the sitemap our software generates on your site, I am seeing lastmod dates of today. Do you have an example?