Anyone need help crashing a site?

OK,  Just to update everyone.

I have had the server people edit the Cron Job for the HotAirBalloonist.com site to point to the latest version of PHP on the server.  8.1.+++

They are also going to restore the site from a backup that I had done back in May.  This should get my old site back up.

Then I can try to figure out what the 3rd party apps are and see if I can figure out how to turn them off.

The other thing I can try is to update the "Test" forum I created in another folder on the site and see if that works.

So somehow we will get this back up.

Thank you all for your help with this old decreed hacker.

Jeff

OK  The site is back up.  I was able to log into the front end and when I went to the Admin CP I got an error script.

I have also updated the log in information.

Here is the error I found.

REPLACE INTO `ibf_core_sys_cp_sessions` ( `session_id`, `session_ip_address`, `session_member_name`, `session_member_id`, `session_location`, `session_log_in_time`, `session_running_time`, `session_url`, `session_app_data`, `session_cookie_key` ) VALUES ( '8c06dadf36b69a9379012b1c300259bc', '71.0.174.118', 'Guest', 0, 'app=core&module=system&controller=login', 0, 1684093405, IPS\Http\Url\Internal::__set_state(array(
   'seoPagination' => NULL,
   'base' => 'admin',
   'isInternal' => true,
   'isFriendly' => false,
   'url' => 'https://hotairballoonist.com/forum/admin/''adsess=8c06dadf36b69a9379012b1c300259bc&app=core&module=system&controller=login&ref=',
   'data' =>
  array (
    'scheme' => 'https',
    'host' => 'hotairballoonist.com',
    'port' => NULL,
    'user' => NULL,
    'pass' => NULL,
    'path' => '/forum/admin/',
    'query' => 'adsess=8c06dadf36b69a9379012b1c300259bc&app=core&module=system&controller=login&ref=',
    'fragment' => NULL,
  ),
   'queryString' =>
  array (
    'adsess' => '8c06dadf36b69a9379012b1c300259bc',
    'app' => 'core',
    'module' => 'system',
    'controller' => 'login',
    'ref' => '',
  ),
   'hiddenQueryString' =>
  array (
  ),
)), 'dde157590ae748be66b7074e1d7e5a41', ? )
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'session_cookie_key' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Db/Db.php(968): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Session\\_...', Array)
#1 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Session/Admin.php(123): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sys_cp_ses...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('8c06dadf36b69a9...', '')
#3 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Session/Session.php(149): session_regenerate_id()
#4 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(210): IPS\_Session->setMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(99): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->_doLogin(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#7 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

1 hour ago, CaptJeff said:

I went to the Admin CP I got an error script.

I think you should upgrade.
In the address bar after your site add...or

https://yoursite.com/admin/upgrade/

and follow directions.

PS. If your backup does not include updates, and you see a message that there are no applications to upgrade, then upload the files from version 4.7.9 and run the upgrader

Edited by Adlago

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I think you should read the thread and see why that isn't good advice.

Anyway... @CaptJeff - the site as it currently is...what version of Invison Community Suite are you running? What version of PHP are currently running?

@CaptJeff said a little above:

"I have had the server people edit the Cron Job for the HotAirBalloonist.com site to point to the latest version of PHP on the server.  8.1.+++ "

Thank you Mark,

I am happy to have the site backup.  The Balloon Federation Hall of Fame committee are having a conference call for this years selection process. 

They will need to be able to access the files I have in the Notables forum. 

Could contain: Page, Text

Currently the information is viewable but the links do not work.

When you click on a link at the bottom of a "Notable Balloonist's Biography" it should take you to that file or allow you do download that file.  Instead it says forbidden.

Thank you for your help with this.

Jeff

This was one of the issues I had before.  Not sure what is causing this.

I will have to let you know..  Since we have re-installed from a backup file there may be different log in credentials.  Currently I am locked out because I was trying different log ins to make sure I have the right one for you.

Thank you.

Jeff

I am still unable to log in but I did find this in the Error Logs.

called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 02:23:02 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 02:46:02 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 03:00:08 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 03:23:01 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 03:46:01 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39
[14-May-2023 04:00:11 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  The task was called with PHP version 7.3.33 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39

I found this when I looked at that file.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

As usual I have no idea what it means but can I get a new

applications/core/interface/task/task.php file and I can upload it to the server.

Thank you.

Jeff

Good Morning all,

So here is what I have found so far today.

I am still unable to log in.  I do not know why, I have tried every password I have used over the last 10 years.  Of course I keep getting locked out and the "Try again in 4 minutes" seems like 15 minutes.

I am able to open my FTP and look at the files on the server.  I have found a bunch of bad htaccess files.  I do not understand code but there is a line in the code that says access/deny and I believe that is what is stopping a bunch of the processes.  I have gone over the files and found a bunch of them  They are all 420kb.  I did find some htaccess files that were only 199kb.  They looked ok.  So I downloaded a good one and then every time I found a bad one I uploaded the good one over top.

This fixed my issue with not being able to download files.  I have a section for biographies of balloonists on the site.  It is called the "Notable Balloonist's Biographies"  If you click on a biography of a pilot there are links at the bottom of the biographies where you can download a word doc or a PDF of that persons biography.  They were not working but now after  I replaced the htaccess file they work!   So I am making some progress on the site.

Just wish I knew more about the back side of the site.

Thank you all for your help.

Jeff

I am in!  How silly I did not think of that..

So.. I am going to go and update the credentials thing now.

When I went to the Admin CP I recieved a really odd image.  Hope it makes sense to you.

I could post it here but I will I will let you log in and see it yourself.

Thank you