Anyone need help crashing a site?

There should be an error_log file on your server (or maybe visible from your control panel; depends on how the server is configured). See if there's anything logged there.

If you can't find the file, try asking your hosting for its location.

I see Marc also mentioned:

On 5/5/2023 at 9:22 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

However if you cannot find that, just get it to that point and let us know

Maybe IPS will be able to have a quick look themselves since they have your FTP access.

Here is what I have found.

thrown in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php on line 1158
[07-May-2023 14:23:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\cms\_Fields::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false) must be compatible with IPS\_CustomField::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false, $separator = null) in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/cms/sources/Fields/Fields.php on line 1304
[07-May-2023 14:23:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\cms\_Fields::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false) must be compatible with IPS\_CustomField::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false, $separator = null) in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/cms/sources/Fields/Fields.php on line 1304
[07-May-2023 14:24:02 UTC] PHP Parse error:  Unterminated comment starting line 1036 in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Http/Url.php on line 1036
[07-May-2023 14:24:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Output::getNoCacheHeaders() in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php:1158
Stack trace:

I was also able to get to a weird page that looked like this.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Head, Text

Here was the error information on that page.

TypeError: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(622): array_keys(NULL)
#1 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme->css('framework.css', 'core', 'global')
#2 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php(938) : eval()'d code(51): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#3 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(89): IPS\Dispatcher\chatbox_hook_loadJSandCSS::baseCss()
#4 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#5 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#6 {main}

18 minutes ago, CaptJeff said:

Here is what I have found.

thrown in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php on line 1158
[07-May-2023 14:23:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\cms\_Fields::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false) must be compatible with IPS\_CustomField::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false, $separator = null) in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/cms/sources/Fields/Fields.php on line 1304
[07-May-2023 14:23:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\cms\_Fields::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false) must be compatible with IPS\_CustomField::displayValue($value = null, $showSensitiveInformation = false, $separator = null) in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/applications/cms/sources/Fields/Fields.php on line 1304
[07-May-2023 14:24:02 UTC] PHP Parse error:  Unterminated comment starting line 1036 in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Http/Url.php on line 1036
[07-May-2023 14:24:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Output::getNoCacheHeaders() in /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php:1158
Stack trace:

Looks like your Pages (cms) application files aren't updated correctly to the latest version. To fix this is should be enough to re-download the ZIP file from your client area and manually re-upload all the files from it.

13 minutes ago, CaptJeff said:

I was also able to get to a weird page that looked like this.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Head, Text

Here was the error information on that page.

TypeError: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(622): array_keys(NULL)
#1 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme->css('framework.css', 'core', 'global')
#2 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php(938) : eval()'d code(51): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#3 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(89): IPS\Dispatcher\chatbox_hook_loadJSandCSS::baseCss()
#4 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#5 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#6 {main}

There is a chatbox hook in the error backtrace, so it might be related to that. Try disabling the application and see if that fixes it.

If you're using a custom theme try also switching back to the IPS default, non-customized one.

I am unable to get into the Admin CP for the site so I have no idea how to disable anything.  I also clicked on the default theme and that did nothing.

I have also downloaded the Zip file for 4.7.9 twice and uploaded it three times.  No luck there either.

I will keep trying.

OK  Here are some more logs that may help.  Keep in mind I can not get into the site.  I can not access the admin CP.  All I get is this notice on the front side.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

So I looked at the error logs and found this.

Could contain: Page, Text

Here is the line the error refers to.

Line 1158

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

Line 1036

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

What can I do about this and how do I get my site back up?

Any advice would be great.  The Ballooning Hall of Fame committee are having a ZOOM Call tonight and they use the forum heavily.  There are over 200 hall of fame files they need to be able to see.  So I am in somewhat of a panic over this.

Thank you.

Jeff

Thank you.

Jeff

Ok  I went to the page where the link for the IPS checker was.  I downloaded the link and then used Filezilla to upload the file to the folder where the forum is.  Now it says" Run in your browser"   ??

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

1 minute ago, CaptJeff said:

Ok  I went to the page where the link for the IPS checker was.  I downloaded the link and then used Filezilla to upload the file to the folder where the forum is.  Now it says" Run in your browser"   ??

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

You should point the browser to its location to run it.

i.e. yourforumurl/nameofscript.php

When I go to hotairballoonist.com/forum/admin I get a page that looks like this.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Person, Head

The error area on this page says this.

#6 {main}

Here are the error logs from the server.

Stack trace:
#0 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php(1090): IPS\IPS::genericExceptionPage(NULL)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

Were you using a custom theme as default? And are you really sure that all your forum folders/files have been properly overwritten with those from the last package? Because it looks like to me that the init.php file is still the old one from the previous version.

Edited by Miss_B

On 5/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, teraßyte said:

There should be an error_log file on your server (or maybe visible from your control panel; depends on how the server is configured). See if there's anything logged there.

If you can't find the file, try asking your hosting for its location.

I see Marc also mentioned:

Maybe IPS will be able to have a quick look themselves since they have your FTP access.

12 minutes ago, CaptJeff said:

When I go to hotairballoonist.com/forum/admin I get a page that looks like this.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Person, Head

The error area on this page says this.

#6 {main}

Here are the error logs from the server.

Stack trace:
#0 /home3/classln8/public_html/hotairballoonist/forum/init.php(1090): IPS\IPS::genericExceptionPage(NULL)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

These errors are because you haven't finished the /admin/upgrade/ I believe. We are still trying to figure out the blank page you are getting when you run it. Ignore what you see until you finish the upgrade.

Can you pull that error log that terabyte suggested again?

3 minutes ago, CaptJeff said:

I just uploaded a fresh init.php file.  I will now go and see if I can get the Admin/install to finish.  I will let you know.

The thing is, all the files should be overwritten and not only one or a selected few. That is why I asked above if you are really sure that all your forum folders/files have been properly overwritten with those from the last package. That could be very well the cause that the upgrade is not going through for you. 

What method are you using to upload the files and how are you doing it? Do you preserve the structure intact during the upload and select for the overitting option?

Edited by Miss_B