Duplicated plugin and application after plugin upgrade

Hello,

I've had to upgrade 3 plugins today whose updates said they had been converted to applications to follow IPS guidelines, etc.

The plugins were updated at the end of the process, but now I have three duplicated plugins and applications. The original plugins were not deleted in the process. Is this normal? Should I delete the plugins?

Thanks

Is it normal? It depends on whether the application is designed to do the deletion. If it is, and it doesn't delete, then discuss it with the developer.

Should I delete the plugins? Yep - if the application is replacing a plugin, crack on...but maybe talk to the developer to confirm?

One point - the method I use to delete a plugin, provided to me by another developer, works beautifully. And it is a queued task, not an instantaneous task - if you check the plugin listing immediately after the application installation then there is a possibility that the plugin is still there.

So maybe check your background queue task has run...and if the plugins haven't gone then, talk to the developer.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

3 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

I've had to upgrade 3 plugins today whose updates said they had been converted to applications to follow IPS guidelines, etc.

There's really no need to update if it's ONLY changing from a plugin to an app!

We have announced the deprecation of plugins for v5 so that authors are aware of this and create only applications for new stuff which will make it easier to upgrade to v5 and to create a plan for their updates, but there's really no immediate action needed.