On 5/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Editorn said:

Thanks for the update! 👍

Can you tell if there are any plans on making the Courses app available for self-hosted installations? And also the Email Bounce Management for Sendgrid users?

I wonder this too, my core business is actually education and we would love to be able to use it. And cloud is not an option for us. 😉

On 5/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, SjorsK said:

I wonder this too, my core business is actually education and we would love to be able to use it. And cloud is not an option for us. 😉

Same here! Self-hosted clients are being IGNORED and put aside again. And there is no excuse now; we don't need any special server to run the courses. It's just a premeditated decision to brush aside self-hosted clients.

I've been waiting for a long time for a course/LMS in IPS. @Adriano Faria was creating one, but there is no news from him. And now that IPS has released it, I can't use it because I'm not a client using its expensive cloud version.

Just now, OptimusBain said:

Same here! Self-hosted clients are being IGNORED and put aside again. And there is no excuse now; we don't need any special server to run the courses. It's just a premeditated decision to brush aside self-hosted clients.

I've been waiting for a long time for a course/LMS in IPS. @Adriano Faria was creating one, but there is no news from him. And now that IPS has released it, I can't use it because I'm not a client using its expensive cloud version.

Please, stop mentioning me. 🤨

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Please, stop mentioning me. 🤨

Sorry, the tag option to mention other users is free to use by everyone. Please don't get mad at me! I did nothing wrong. I asked you about what you were doing, and you never replied. That's why. I won't tag you again, don't worry! If only you had replied to my previous message and other members about this, I wouldn't have tagged you. Have a nice day.

Edited by OptimusBain

17 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

I've been waiting for a long time for a course/LMS in IPS. @Adriano Faria was creating one, but there is no news from him.

14 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

If only you had replied to my previous message and other members about this, I wouldn't have tagged you. Have a nice day.

I have no private message from you; at least I didn’t find it on a quick search.

Anyway, development stopped when I first hear about the IPS app a couple of months ago or so. Due to a current rule for marketplace submissions, we cannot recreate things added by IPS. I imagine that something that was built to add value to their cloud’s packages would be definitely not acceptable so I didn’t even try to talk to them via Contact form, as Matt already said a couple of times. Matt also said that they will rewrite the marketplace submissions rules, so up till there, I won’t do anything.

So, this feature is only available on the 'Creator Pro' (and up) cloud package? At $149/ month (around £118), which is a lot of money for some of us who have Hobby sites, especially if it costs £1416 a year! I get what's being offered, I just feel 'self-hosted' is being reduced to a bare minimum (eventually).

• Management
45 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

So, this feature is only available on the 'Creator Pro' (and up) cloud package? At $149/ month (around £118), which is a lot of money for some of us who have Hobby sites, especially if it costs £1416 a year! I get what's being offered, I just feel 'self-hosted' is being reduced to a bare minimum (eventually).

That’s fine. We have products for every budget. 

It seems that every line of code is for the Cloud version. I've been using the self hosted version since 2017 and I feel pretty stupid looking for features on my forum, until I realized that these are not for self hosted (live topics, etc).  

Honestly the Cloud prices are not for my budget, it's a pitty since I really like the software but I'm not going to pay for a cloud based product, you can get Adobe Suite with cloud storage for a fraction of the Invision Cloud package. Dean_ is right, self hosted is going to dissapear, good luck invision.

Ricardo

• Management
12 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

It seems that every line of code is for the Cloud version

Not true.

12 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

I feel pretty stupid looking for features on my forum

We do add a line at the end of every blog explaining which platform the feature is for.

13 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

Honestly the Cloud prices are not for my budget

We have products and packages for every budget.

I really like the software but I'm not going to pay for a cloud based product

You don't have to, we have the classic self hosted version.

you can get Adobe Suite with cloud storage for a fraction of the Invision Cloud package.

Our "cloud" platform isn't just cloud storage. It's a bespoke platform that happens to use cloud micro services. Cloud storage != Invision Community platform.

14 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

self hosted is going to dissapear,

It's not, we've just committed to self-hosted for Invision Community 5, now in heavy development.

Honestly, at some point the negativity around cloud vs self-hosted is going to damage the Invision brand. It's already making this community a painful place to visit.

I don't know the numbers behind it all, but if I were involved in the business, an early cull of the self hosted platform would be a consideration because of the incessant negative sentiment dragging down every positive feature update, blog post, announcement etc in recent times.

I mean, can this really carry on for the next 2+ years?

• Management
3 minutes ago, Dll said:

Honestly, at some point the negativity around cloud vs self-hosted is going to damage the Invision brand. It's already making this community a painful place to visit.

I don't know the numbers behind it all, but if I were involved in the business, an early cull of the self hosted platform would be a consideration because of the incessant negative sentiment dragging down every positive feature update, blog post, announcement etc in recent times.

I mean, can this really carry on for the next 2+ years?

Totally feel where you are coming from but it's only a handful of people panicking over nothing. The vast majority of people pay attention to their own communities, not what is going on here 🙂

We expect it will calm down when people see that Classic is not going away. Also, as people understand cloud and Classic are different product lines it will be clearer. The next several months of additions will be available on both cloud and Classic lines too.

7 minutes ago, Charles said:

Totally feel where you are coming from but it's only a handful of people panicking over nothing. The vast majority of people pay attention to their own communities, not what is going on here 🙂

We expect it will calm down when people see that Classic is not going away. Also, as people understand cloud and Classic are different product lines it will be clearer. The next several months of additions will be available on both cloud and Classic lines too.

Not sure I agree, but I hope you're right.