Not able to activate Videos application

Hi, good morning,

Recently I have updated my Invision Community to the latest version. Since this moment I am not able to (re)activate the application 'Videos' from MichaelJ. I already contacted the author of this application but he advised me to contact Invision Community Support as the application is up to date and should be working. It seems like something is wrong in the software. 

Could you please advise how to solve this? Is there any possibility to overrule the locked application? 

Thanks in advance for any support.

Regards, Etienne 

Could contain: Text

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please provide access? I would like to investigate on your installation if this is still happening.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Hi Marc, thanks for responding.... but after more than 1,5 month this is not a great answer. I get a lot of complaints from my customers and already contacted the author. The application is now more than 2 months offline. This is what I received from the author @Michael.J 1,5 months ago:

Apologies for the delay, I've just checked and I can't see any error log for why the Videos app is locked. IPS have already confirmed it's compatible with IPB 4.7 and I just checked my test board too and it's not locking the app for me.

This might be an error on IPSs end, could you please contact them and check why it's locked?

Michael

I kindly request you to solve this issue or contact the author yourself. Could you please let me know further steps?

Regards, Etienne

Edited by Etienne A

I understand your frustration, and have marked this for our developers to take a look at to see if they can advise. However the reality is, issues with 3rd party applications are the responsibility of the developers of those items. If there are issues they are coming across that are as the result of the core application, they would need to report those bugs accordingly. It does seem from the above, you are not the only person having issues with that application in the same manner.

• 2 weeks later...