How to allow all file types in Pages media uploads?

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

My community has a need to host some files for new Pages pages we're building which aren't accepted by the Pages Media Manager. This feature unfortunately restricts uploads to an allowlist of specific file extensions:

Could contain: Text, File

Unlike for attachments, I couldn't find any settings to configure this list. How can I make Pages allow other file types (or all file types - we trust those who have access to this part of the ACP) through?

On 5/1/2023 at 1:38 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

See how the attached works for you - single setting, type extension, enter a comma if multiples, save.

if it works OK, I'll bundle it into this:

(NE) Additional Pages media types 1.0.0.xml 2.79 kB · 0 downloads

This is fantastic! Thanks for making it. It works!

The one thing that would make this plugin even better is if it enabled an admin to blanket-allow all extensions in the Media Manager, similar to what's possible with attachments in the core software. We trust our admins with this power. 🙂

12 hours ago, Princess Celestia said:

The one thing that would make this plugin even better is if it enabled an admin to blanket-allow all extensions in the Media Manager, similar to what's possible with attachments in the core software. We trust our admins with this power.

Not possible, as the form field can't be modified in that way (it requires a listing of allowed file types)

On 5/5/2023 at 12:18 AM, Princess Celestia said:

Darn, that's a shame. Still, thank you! I look forward to having your new setting in the Box of Tricks app.

There's a surprise in the now released v1.3.0 of the app.

UPDATE: yeah, the surprise for me is that the surprise triggers an error on save which didn't pop up in testing. I'll sort out and get a v1.3.1 out soon - in the meantime, a workaround is to ensure that the "Allow these additional file types" field has at least one entry in it.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

31 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@Princess Celestia can I ask when you installed v1.3.0 of the resource? I don't see you as a downloader of the application, and I suspect there may be an issue with downloads that may need to be reported to Invision.

My ACP says ~17 hours ago but my site's Invision license is attached to a different account so the download would have come through that one. If you want, I can message you the other account's name so you can cross-verify it against your download log.