Upgrading doesn't remove the hosting tasks

Go to solution Solved by Colonel_mortis,

The terminateHosting, monitor and expectedOutputMonitoring tasks were deleted in 4.7.9, but you don't clean up the tasks from the DB, so they get stuck and trigger the "tasks not running" warning (even with the latest 107667 build that deleted references to a couple more of the tasks).

I'm pretty sure 3rd party devs have complained about this a few times before - deleting a task ought to automatically clean it up from the tasks table!

10 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Check for the optional patch in your ACP.

That patch doesn't fix it

10 hours ago, Colonel_mortis said:

even with the latest 107667 build that deleted references to a couple more of the tasks

I do have a custom upgrade script, so it's possible that I messed up and missed running some code that deletes the tasks, but I also reproduced it on a test install using the normal upgrader and can't find mention of any code that does perform the deletes.

Season 1 Raises Hand GIF by Sneaky Pete

( I'm to blame for the half fixed first patch, but also now for the "real" fix 😄 ) 

Unlike other stuff like templates, widgets, language strings, etc...,deleted tasks aren't removed automatically from the database, so we were missing to run the manual queries 😕