Some users can't access the site since migration to Community Cloud

Looks like the CNAME records I setup resolve different IP addresses (round robin) depending on geo location. Some of these locations our users are getting a "Not Found" in their browser. This IP works: 13.32.27.115 (I'm in Europe) and one of our Admins gets this IP address: 108.156.91.25 (he's in Chicago) and its failing. I had him do a "ipconfig /flushdns" and no dice. Many user complaints now about this. Some have no issues, others, it's completely unreachable. 

Various IP addresses are expected depending on region due to the CDN used to deliver our Cloud.

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately), I am not having any issues with access myself. Additionally, that "Not Found" should not be exposed on our Cloud (we have a standard cloud error page). Could I confirm that you are not routing this through CloudFlare (bypass mode is on)?

@Jim M yes bypass is and has been on:Could contain: Page, Text

Just now, nodle said:

Has it had enough time to propagate?

You can check here:

DNS Propagation Checker - Global DNS Testing Tool (whatsmydns.net)

It's been a week, and I did check and emailed IPS, showing some of the CNAME forwards to their DNS is not propagating. The issue is some IPs work and some don't I've discovered some users in the US have luck of the draw and get a defunct one, it certainly pings, but it doesn't load the site. And I just ran into the issue here myself in Europe with the IP I posted above, which just changed again in the last 5 minutes and is working now. Could contain: Chart, Plot, File, Person

I've discovered 2 IP addresses that are broken on your round robin DNS:

US: 108.156.91.25

EU: 13.32.27.51

It shouldn't be that hard to trace the issue.

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Various IP addresses are expected depending on region due to the CDN used to deliver our Cloud.

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately), I am not having any issues with access myself. Additionally, that "Not Found" should not be exposed on our Cloud (we have a standard cloud error page). Could I confirm that you are not routing this through CloudFlare (bypass mode is on)?

@Jim M Jim all you have to do to troubleshoot is to change your hosts (linux/Mac: /etc/hosts) and put this in there:

forums.microcapclub.com 13.32.27.51

and then flush your DNS, and you to can unfortunately experience what ours users are experiencing. ;-)

Just now, iancassel said:

@Jim M Jim I sent an email to support (our migration thread, we only just moved to your cloud yesterday) almost 2 hours ago, but wasn't getting a response which is why I opened it here.

Apologies, your migration topic is assigned to a developer to help you with another question/issue so might have been missed. For issues this big, please do submit new tickets if you don't hear from us in that case 🙂 .

I just replied to your ticket but we made some changes, please try again and let us know how it goes.