[Suggestion] Storage method: FTP

Hisashi

What I’m saying is that Bunny or another CDN might be a good solution for a self hosted community. It is not a good solution for the IPS cloud. There is a lot more being provided provided by Cloudfront than simply being a CDN that can’t be accounted for if they move that traffic out. 

My hope is that Invision adds support for B2 storage method. Also, I would like to see support for TUS uploading directly to S3 or B2 by incorporating a TUS/S3 uploader in Invision Community like Uppy.

I'm kind of hoping that version 5 replaces plupload with tus since tus protocol is more of a standard that many cloud services provide endpoints for uploading. I'd really like if my backend server didn't have to support any uploading/downloading of files, only HTML/CSS/JS over HTTPS. Leave all that to my cloud storage provider. Cuts my costs way down and allows me to support video attachments (not just YouTube embeds) on my site.

Note that for Uppy, you currently need to run their Companion on your backend to upload to S3, but many other cloud services (especially for video streaming) provide tus endpoints so no data transfer to an intermediate server is required.