Gallery Lightbox & Carousel Not Working Properly

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello.  I'm running into an issue with the Gallery.  When I click a thumbnail from either the gallery or widget, it takes me to the gallery page instead of launching LightBox.  When I click the arrows on the carousel, it reloads the whole page instead of sliding the image.

Could contain: Basket, Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Flower Arrangement, Flower Bouquet, Potted Plant, Art, Collage

If I click the image from the gallery, the LightBox finally opens, but it's missing the sidebar with information and comments.

Could contain: Flower, Flower Arrangement, Flower Bouquet, Plant, Basket, Art, Person, Pattern, Herbal, Herbs

I updated to the latest version yesterday, hoping that would fix it.  The default light theme is brand new (4.7.9).  I cleared the cache.  I've also tried the basic theme (available to the admin as Vanilla 4.7.9).  I've also tried disabling plugins.  I've tried it on other computers and browsers.  This affects all gallery images, not just the example above.  I'm not sure what else it could be.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/image/16454-veggie-bunny2jpg/?context=new  (This is You have to be logged in in order to view gallery images.)

Thanks for your help!

On their website (https://invisioncommunity.com/features/gallery/), they show something different where it shows the lightbox with a sidebar that includes photo details, reactions, and comments.  That's how it used to be and I noticed it's not working like that anymore on my website.  I'm also not getting the Photo Notes feature, which I'm not sure if I have to turn on or if it's a cloud-only feature.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Computer, Electronics, Person, Coast, Shoreline, Pc

Edited by rayzir

36 minutes ago, rayzir said:

On their website (https://invisioncommunity.com/features/gallery/), they show something different where it shows the lightbox with a sidebar that includes photo details, reactions, and comments.  That's how it used to be and I noticed it's not working like that anymore on my website.  I'm also not getting the Photo Notes feature, which I'm not sure if I have to turn on or if it's a cloud-only feature.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Computer, Electronics, Person, Coast, Shoreline, Pc

This is old, sorry for any confusion. I have marked this internally for review.

How about the Image carousel on the gallery page?  Whenever I click the arrows, it completely reloads the page rather than sliding the next image.  Also, is the Photo Notes a cloud-only feature or is there a place to turn that on?

Could contain: Art, Collage, Basket, Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Flower Bouquet, Graphics, Cow

• Solution
3 minutes ago, rayzir said:

Whenever I click the arrows, it completely reloads the page rather than sliding the next image. 

That would be correct functionality.

3 minutes ago, rayzir said:

Also, is the Photo Notes a cloud-only feature or is there a place to turn that on?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. It is available on self-hosted. Hover over the photo -> Image Tools -> Add Note