Forums not accessible on a mirror site

Our website astrosurf.us is a backup/miror copy of astrosurf.com (our public site)

Both sites are installed on two totally identical dedicated servers (same hardware and software configurations).

Our goal is to test the upgrade from the version we are currently using (V 4.2.8) to version 4.7.9 .

astrosurf.us was built as follows:

- Full copy of the astrosurf.com/web folder to astrosurf.us/web with the same access rights for files and directories

- Copy and restore the last MySQL database

- Update of the conf_global.php file

- Clean the cache

We had already done this operation in the past, but this time, everything works correctly for blogs, clubs, ... , but forums are not accessible anymore.

Look like a problem of friendly URL (?) ... But I do not find solution ...

At this time, for purpose tests, the 2 websites are publicly reachable.

Thanks for your help.

If .htaccess is present, it sounds like the servers are not identical as the only thing that would impede that would be URL rewrites not enabled or another rewrite is causing an issue. When clicking around on your test URL a bit, I am being brought to your Live URL so I am thinking that there is a rewrite which may be impeding this. I would suggest removing any custom rewrites other than what is in the download for ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Rewrite URLs? 

8 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Did you make sure the new host meets all the system requirements

Yes, the two servers are identical (same harware/software).

10 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

htaccess is not working

? ... htaccess is running and identical in the two servers.

But friendly URLs does not work on astrosurf.us ! ... And if I desactivade "Friendly URLs"  ("Search Engine Optimization" on ACP), site works fine ...

12 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

You might want to check if the new server is allowing mod_rewrite

mod_rewrite is running ...

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I would suggest removing any custom rewrites other than what is in the download for ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Rewrite URLs? 

I replaced the .htaccess file with a .htaccess file that contains what is in the download for ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Rewrite URLs ... But still the same problem 😞

1 minute ago, Jean-Philippe said:

I replaced the .htaccess file with a .htaccess file that contains what is in the download for ACP -> System -> Search Engine Optimization -> Rewrite URLs ... But still the same problem 😞

Even though it's on the same physical server, the Apache configs and directives might be different.  It's a server issue to to get rewrites working.  So you (or your hosting provider) would need to troubleshoot why it's not working.  IPS cannot do this for you.  

4 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Even though it's on the same physical server, the Apache configs and directives might be different.  It's a server issue to to get rewrites working.  

Both servers were configured at the same time and before updating the database on the test server this morning, it was working correctly, that's what I can't figure out 😞

Edited by Jean-Philippe

I would suggest setting up some rewrites outside of IPB on that domain and see if it works there.  I'm betting you're going to find they don't work.  It's most likely going to be an issue inside of your Apache httpd.conf for the site.  If I was a betting man, I would put my money there.