Core Pages Block keys?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

I'm working on creating a global Pages Block that contains a series of custom Blocks.  The custom Blocks look great, I just want to add some of the core blocks such as Upcoming Events, Popular Contributors, etc.  Is there is a list of these Block keys in the documentation anywhere?  I searched but couldn't find it.

5 hours ago, opentype said:

The typical use would be to first create a custom version as Pages ACP block and assign your own key. Then you can call it as {block="your_key"}

I have many of them, but what I'm doing here is creating a global block that contains many blocks. I have the keys for my custom blocks that I can add to my Global block and it works as desired. However, I don't have the keys for the core blocks.

3 hours ago, Clover13 said:

However, I don't have the keys for the core blocks.

I understood that and took that into account. I am still saying it is usually useful to create a custom version of the core block first and then call it with the custom key. That’s also gives easy access to the settings that these core blocks might have. You could even add small customizations easily without touching the original widgets. 

Edited by opentype

3 hours ago, opentype said:

I understood that and took that into account. I am still saying it is usually useful to create a custom version of the core block first and then call it with the custom key. That’s also gives easy access to the settings that these core blocks might have. You could even add small customizations easily without touching the original widgets. 

Ah got ya.  Ok I'll give that a try! 👍