Is there a way to display posts as cards like you can with forums?

Just like the title says. I'm looking at a specific use case where the layout of cards for posts would be ideal. It does not seem to be an option or am I just missing something?

Also, is there an option to change the number of cards in a row. It seems to default to 2. Can I change that?

Edited by mfriedman421

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There isnt a way in which to do either of those unfortunately. I am curious as to the use case though? As posts as in order, why would you display them as cards?

I'm building a site that is going to allow people to share what we will just call templates. The traditional forum format is not as appealing in a list. 

I think I found a solution though. I'm going to do them as a blog instead and let people contribute to the blog. They will be able to post their templates as an entry on the blog. Then I can use the forum features for comments and also make use of the reputation feature to allow people to up and downvote them.

7 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Very glad to hear you found a solution there 🙂

Just a thought, using pages and custom templates may be another option too

I thought about pages and may use that for the home page. But I want people to be able to contribute their own entries, and I'm not sure the pages module would allow that or be as easy to manage as blogs. Basically, I want similar to forum functionality in the look and feel of the grid view. Seems like the blogs (if I restrict people from creating their own, but allow them to make entries on an existing one) are the best solution for that.

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Letting users post on a pages database is as simple as giving permissions, as you would in a forum. 🙂 If you have a solution though, go with that of course. Just giving you alternatives 🙂 

So what am I missing out on between using the Blogs vs Pages?

You simply have more flexibility with the pages application, over blogs. For example, you can create your own fields, and full layouts in the manner of your choosing if you wish to do so. However if blogs looks the way you want it to look, and functions in the manner you wish, you would be best to use that

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You simply have more flexibility with the pages application, over blogs. For example, you can create your own fields, and full layouts in the manner of your choosing if you wish to do so. However if blogs looks the way you want it to look, and functions in the manner you wish, you would be best to use that

Hmmm... It sounds like if I already own the pages module, blogs would be redundant then.

Edited by mfriedman421

15 hours ago, mfriedman421 said:

Hmmm... It sounds like if I already own the pages module, blogs would be redundant then.

Thats a decision only yourself can make. Pages will of course require templates to get it to look how you wish it to look, where blog (from what you have said) already looks that way