License Key problem

I can't get my license to activate in any way tried everything and also reset the password, and it doesn't always get me the message below

When I give the license key, I get this, I ever purchased an SSL to make sure everything is okay.

There was an error communicating with the license server. Please try again later or contact technical support for assistance.

Is this self-hosted or hosted with Invision?

If it's self-hosted, make sure you're not blocking outbound connections on your server. I believe I've also seen a post where someone's host was forcing TLS v1.3 on outbound connections, which IPS' servers do not currently support (they currently use TLS v1.2), so you'll want to make sure your host isn't doing that as well.

3 hours ago, Makoto said:

Is this self-hosted or hosted with Invision?

If it's self-hosted, make sure you're not blocking outbound connections on your server. I believe I've also seen a post where someone's host was forcing TLS v1.3 on outbound connections, which IPS' servers do not currently support (they currently use TLS v1.2), so you'll want to make sure your host isn't doing that as well.

i am using a vps by leaseweb can you recommend me way to check that?

8 hours ago, Ember Stone said:

i am using a vps by leaseweb can you recommend me way to check that?

If you have root level access, you might be able to check through the following command:

curl --help all | grep -- --tlsv

You should get some output that looks like:

-1, --tlsv1         Use TLSv1.0 or greater
--tlsv1.0       Use TLSv1.0 or greater
--tlsv1.1       Use TLSv1.1 or greater
--tlsv1.2       Use TLSv1.2 or greater
--tlsv1.3       Use TLSv1.3 or greater

If you don't see a line in there about TLS 1.2, you're most likely going to have a problem.  There can be multiple lines, as TLS will negotiate to use the highest version that both sides have.  But if TLS 1.2 does not exist, game over.  

curl --help all | grep -- --tlsv

-1, --tlsv1         Use TLSv1.0 or greater
     --tlsv1.0       Use TLSv1.0
     --tlsv1.1       Use TLSv1.1
     --tlsv1.2       Use TLSv1.2
     --tlsv1.3       Use TLSv1.3

i got these

wget https://remoteservices.invisionpower.com
--2023-03-29 05:59:47-- https://remoteservices.invisionpower.com/
Resolving remoteservices.invisionpower.com (remoteservices.invisionpower.com)... 52.222.139.115, 52.222.139.36, 52.222.139.65, ...
Connecting to remoteservices.invisionpower.com (remoteservices.invisionpower.com)|52.222.139.115|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2023-03-29 05:59:47 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Getting this