Some members have better rank than lower limit in ACP

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

• Management

Achievements are now separate from post counts. So when a member makes a post, they will get one point.

If you have a forum set to not count towards a member's total posts, that will not impact achievement rewards because achievement points and a user's post count are not linked in any way.

You can specify specific forums for the achievement rule if you wanted to omit some forums from contributing towards achievement points.

22 minutes ago, Canis said:

Thanks Matt, but we are not using achievements, just the good old rank system.
I don't know for which release it broke, just discovered now that we have members in a higher rank than they deserve..

I'm afraid, the old rank system is no longer. When Achievements were introduced, the old ranking system went away. You were able to keep your rank names but the Achievements Rules control those now.

Maybe I misunderstand, but the ranks page is still there and can be edited. Title, number of points and rank image can be edited and you can even create new ranks.
No information that it's obsolete and it seems to be working apart from the problem in question.

6 minutes ago, Canis said:

Maybe I misunderstand, but the ranks page is still there and can be edited. Title, number of points and rank image can be edited and you can even create new ranks.
No information that it's obsolete and it seems to be working apart from the problem in question.

Correct but it is ran by Achievement Rules, not posts. 

12 minutes ago, Canis said:

Sorry, but I find this confusing. Is there any information available on how to configure Achievement Rules so that ranks are working correctly?

Can find it in our Guides 🙂 

10 hours ago, Jim M said:

Achievements do not take this setting into effect. This is only for content counts.

Maybe I should add this to the Suggestions Thread, but it would be good if it did for a matter of internal logic, as content count does matter for group promotion (in my case it's the only element that matters for group promotion). Just imagine a new setting in the Achievements Settings that you could toggle to make these posts not count. The way it is now is rather messy and more than one user has asked me about the discrepancy between post count and points (they cannot get their heads around what points are many times).

Edited by PPlanet

3 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Maybe I should add this to the Suggestions Thread, but it would be good if it did for a matter of internal logic, as content count does matter for group promotion (in my case it's the only element that matters for group promotion). Just imagine a new setting in the Achievements Settings that you could toggle to make these posts not count. The way it is now is rather messy and more than one user has asked me about the discrepancy between post count and points (they cannot get their heads around what points are many times).

Yes, that would be something better for suggestions 🙂 

On 4/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, Matt said:

You can specify specific forums for the achievement rule if you wanted to omit some forums from contributing towards achievement points.

We have done this now, but it did not change anything. Posts in forums that is set not to count are still used for ranks.