New push notifications don’t link to notification.topic

Go to solution Solved by KT Walrus,

Updated to iOS 16.4. Enabled push notifications in Invision Community web app. Received a notification about a new topic in a forum I follow. Tapped on the iOS notification on the lock screen on my iPhone.

This opened the PWA but didn’t redirect to the new topic like tapping on the notification in the notifications list. The last page I had viewed before was still being shown. 

Is this a bug?

Edited by KT Walrus

So, you are saying when you tap a notification for a new topic, the PWA opens the topic?

Maybe my issue was only for followed forum notifications? Or, maybe since I was in the PWA just minutes before receiving the push notification and the PWA was still running in the background, that it didn’t process a redirect to the new content?

It definitely didn’t work as I expected. I’ve only had that 1 push notification so not sure if this issue is just a one time glitch. 

So, you are saying when you tap a notification for a new topic, the PWA opens the topic?

Maybe my issue was only for followed forum notifications? Or, maybe since I was in the PWA just minutes before receiving the push notification and the PWA was still running in the background, that it didn’t process a redirect to the new content?

It definitely didn’t work as I expected. I’ve only had that 1 push notification so not sure if this issue is just a one time glitch. 

Just noticed the setting for one email a day was checked so maybe the notification was for a digest email and not an immediate notification?

Could contain: Page, Text

Maybe need to link the iOS notification to the first topic in a digest email notification if digest is for only 1 topic?

On 3/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Ryan Ashbrook said:

No, see Daniel's post above yours. It appears to be a Webkit bug.

This appears to be working now.

Did you fix anything on your side?

Maybe it is working now for me since I was in the PWA a few minutes before tapping on the iOS notification. Not sure what will happen if I don’t use the PWA for a couple days and then tap an iOS notification. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...