@me.com Email problem with forgot password or password reset

Hi,

Today a user report he tried to reset his password, but did not get any email to confirm the rest, I send him force password rest and still nothing.

I have account with me.com so I test on that, same thing no email received, the problem now it rest the password and that it, I had from the admincp to change the password for be able to login.

For the past few days we had some members reporting when we send them password reset they never receive email.

Thanks. 

If users are receiving a password reset to other email domains and not simply @me.com , I would suggest working with your email provider to see why these are being blocked. Email is a tricky thing and often, can just be a configuration issue with your email provider and domain that me.com is stricter about spam thus rejecting it.

What’s your score when you send an email to Mail Tester? https://www.mail-tester.com

If you got a perfect score, you could try to contact Apple. I had delivery problems with Apple accounts a while ago. I first made sure to meet all their standards https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137 and then I contacted them with details about my communities and my mail server IPs. They made some adjustments and I never had problems since. 

Thanks all for replying, well done.

The problem just start few days ago or when we upgrade to latest 4.7.8, before that all fine, I been testing me.com account with mine for some email testing and all been fine, until now.

Some user not within me.com and also facing same issue, I will test some accounts I have and report back.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Makoto said:

If you search for Email Error Log in your AdminCP, do you see any recent errors log entries for @me.com addressees?

Thanks for your reply, no email error found, I ask the our server admin to see if anything he could find about this.

Usually if an email is denied and not just moved to the users spam folder, the email server will reject the message with some type of reason. Maybe Apple doesn't follow this standard convention and just silently discards mail though, but I don't think I have ever seen that with any other provider.

Just to verify, can you make sure these users are checking the spam folders of their email to see if it's being misplaced there?

1 minute ago, Makoto said:

Just to verify, can you make sure these users are checking the spam folders of their email to see if it's being misplaced there?

Yes I ask that, as will my test with my account at me.com, no email received any where.

The strange, it was working fine before we upgrade to 4.7.8, why this happens now really I do not know.

It’s likely Apple is flagging email from your server as spam. Your server is accepting the message from IPB, but the server is unable to deliver it to your recipient. This is something you would need to address with your host. 

I would suggest starting with ensuring SPF and DKIM is setup for your domain mapping to the correct server IP. That is one of the most common reasons for providers to not deliver email. 

6 minutes ago, Makoto said:

If you go to the email settings page and click the Test Settings button,

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

does attempting to send an email to your test accounts produce any type of error, and if not, do these emails still not appear in your inbox?

Yes the test went fine but nothing at my me.com account.

Could contain: Page, Text

2 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

It’s likely Apple is flagging email from your server as spam. Your server is accepting the message from IPB, but the server is unable to deliver it to your recipient. This is something you would need to address with your host. 

I would suggest starting with ensuring SPF and DKIM is setup for your domain mapping to the correct server IP. That is one of the most common reasons for providers to not deliver email. 

That maybe seem the problem, I am waiting from our server admin to look about this issue, thanks for the reply.