Key translation problem for Google Tag Manager and more

Go to solution Solved by Askancy,

Hi all!

Translating this key

googletag_noscript_code_desc

Disappear phrase and save button in admincp/system/integrations/google tag manager

lQRnuge.png

same problem with this key

googletag_head_code_desc

in this case only the <head> code disappears.

• I created a new forum locally
  • I created a new language
  • I used the original phrase to translate and the problem persists

Without translating everything works regularly with the original language

This happens when there are translations of <head> - <body> - <noscript> code in other parts of the translation as well.

Does anyone confirm the problem in the ips system, or is it just my problem?

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could you please clarify what you are translating to?

I am translating into Italian language googletag_noscript_code_desc

Il codice <span class='ipsType_monospace'><noscript></span> fornito da Google da includere nella pagina <span class='ipsType_monospace'><body></span>

Even using the original language creates the problem

The <span class='ipsType_monospace'><noscript></span> code provided by Google to be included in the page <span class='ipsType_monospace'><body></span>

Edited by ThunderBlue

• Solution
Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

Askancy was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

You encounter this issue because you need to convert the code inside the span into HTML entities:

Il codice <span class="ipsType_monospace">&lt;noscript&gt;</span> fornito da Google da inserire nella pagina <span class="ipsType_monospace">&lt;body&gt;</span>

It would be helpful if, in the English example, the "original" text displayed the usage of HTML entities without converting them to ASCII.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:45 PM, Askancy said:

You encounter this issue because you need to convert the code inside the span into HTML entities:

Il codice <span class="ipsType_monospace">&lt;noscript&gt;</span> fornito da Google da inserire nella pagina <span class="ipsType_monospace">&lt;body&gt;</span>

Correct. I know about that possibility. The purpose was to point out that the problems basically arise from the ips system. I wanted to avoid responses like this

Inserting html can be dangerous for a translation and create major problems. It is counterproductive for them, counterproductive for us. In case of serious errors, they wash their hands of it. You received points for the solution, but they don't care about solving the problem. As a translator I have to be able to translate everything without such problems. If we don't translate into Italian, they lose potential customers, which is why I don't find the answer with points and not a suitable solution in the examples correct.

On 3/25/2023 at 11:45 PM, Askancy said:

It would be helpful if, in the English example, the "original" text displayed the usage of HTML entities without converting them to ASCII.

Exactly this is the solution for us translators. Don't give away 5 random points because the problem remains and many people don't understand it. If no one translates into other languages, they are not selling the product in other countries and they have to understand that. Translation must be supported, at least in cases like this, caused by their code and not by us.

Edited by ThunderBlue

31 minutes ago, ThunderBlue said:

You received points for the solution, but they don't care about solving the problem.

I can categorically state this is incorrect. We certainly care about issues that occur on our platform. The user there has gone out of their way to provide you with help, and the solution does indeed work there. The reason you have to do so with that tag, is because you are displaying the tag,  and not parsing it.

37 minutes ago, ThunderBlue said:

That part you quoted from above is indeed correct, and I can certainly bring that up as a bug report internally. However that doesnt make the users response any less correct, or any less helpful. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Askancy said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

The first response given are the points to this user who provided an interim solution. I specified that I knew of this solution, but I wanted you to analyze the problem yourself. That is why I highlighted that post that I echoed, which said that translations are not supported. It also says that any incorrect html entry can cause serious problems. This is what I avoided doing to point out the problem it was generating. Only today, after my reply, magically appears your reply with bug report. That is why I became altered. I am happy if this is improved in the future.
Thank you and have a nice day

27 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I can categorically state this is incorrect. We certainly care about issues that occur on our platform. The user there has gone out of their way to provide you with help, and the solution does indeed work there. The reason you have to do so with that tag, is because you are displaying the tag,  and not parsing it.

• 5 months later...