Updated to PHP 8.x how to update pages?

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

We replied back ~6 hours ago

I didn’t get that. And not in my junk folder either.

Email support system isn’t very reliable as neither of us can be sure the other has received the email.  

There are no PHP errors on the server.

Please can you escalate the ticket to be checked by the next support level? It will be greatly appreciated to get the core functionality of invision working.

57 minutes ago, ekforum said:

I didn’t get that. And not in my junk folder either.

I would suggest changing your email address on file to a Gmail or other email address as this seems to be local to your email provide, I'm afraid. We typically do not have any issues emailing other clients.

58 minutes ago, ekforum said:

There are no PHP errors on the server.

Please can you escalate the ticket to be checked by the next support level? It will be greatly appreciated to get the core functionality of invision working.

Unfortunately, I would advise contacting your hosting provider for assistance here as there will need to be an error for us to escalate the ticket. The error you're getting is a lot like that of your car's check engine light, it says there is an issue but not exactly what or where. We need that what or where to proceed troubleshooting.

32 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I would advise contacting your hosting provider for assistance here as there will need to be an error for us to escalate the ticket. The error you're getting is a lot like that of your car's check engine light, it says there is an issue but not exactly what or where. We need that what or where to proceed troubleshooting.

Maybe pages wasn’t installed correctly. As there was an issue with that and it was ‘locked’ after invision have installed it, it’s still jot working. And there are no errors. 

3 minutes ago, ekforum said:

Maybe pages wasn’t installed correctly. As there was an issue with that and it was ‘locked’ after invision have installed it, it’s still jot working. And there are no errors. 

When viewing your "links" page in Pages, I am seeing a 500 Internal Server Error being rendered. You will need to check with your hosting provider if you are unsure how to obtain the error message from this error.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

When viewing your "links" page in Pages, I am seeing a 500 Internal Server Error being rendered. You will need to check with your hosting provider if you are unsure how to obtain the error message from this error.

I’ve just disabled the pages plug-in again as if left enabled all forum pages (not just the ones with the pages all) are inaccessible.

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\cms\\widgets\\hook1355::preConfig($values) must be compatible with IPS\\cms\\widgets\\_Wysiwyg::preConfig($values = []) in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/init.php(935) : eval()'d code on line 83'

2 minutes ago, ekforum said:

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\cms\\widgets\\hook1355::preConfig($values) must be compatible with IPS\\cms\\widgets\\_Wysiwyg::preConfig($values = []) in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/init.php(935) : eval()'d code on line 83'

One of your custom or third party blocks is not compatible with PHP 8.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

One of your custom blocks is not compatible with PHP 8.

That you, would you know how I can remove that? As I can’t enable pages to remove via the widget.

Also, not sure how I would find which one is causing the issue? Any advice? Many thanks for taking the time on this and for your fast replies, it’s greatly appreciated! 

Just now, ekforum said:

That you, would you know how I can remove that? As I can’t enable pages to remove via the widget.

Also, not sure how I would find which one is causing the issue? Any advice? Many thanks for taking the time on this and for your fast replies, it’s greatly appreciated! 

Please enable full access to our account and I can look up that hook number to see.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please enable full access to our account and I can look up that hook number to see.

Thanks Jim. I have moved the dev account temp into the same admin member group as I (details on file), so you should have full access to the AdminCP.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you. This error is from the plugin "Pages Blocks Countries"

You can access this as well by going to ACP -> Support -> View x Third Party Hooks

Thank you so much for that Jim. Now pages seems to be working perfectly! 

Still a few more more issues to eventually resolve 😅 once all fixed I think it will be easier to switch to Invision's Cloud service. 

An off topic question, the daily backup snapshots that you take of cloud forums, how many days history do you save of these? And I presume that these backups do not count towards the GB needed? For example a 2000GB forum can use the 3000GB Team cloud option? And still there will be backups made for it daily?

13 minutes ago, ekforum said:

An off topic question, the daily backup snapshots that you take of cloud forums, how many days history do you save of these? And I presume that these backups do not count towards the GB needed? For example a 2000GB forum can use the 3000GB Team cloud option? And still there will be backups made for it daily?

The database itself is not counted and backups itself are not counted against your storage quota.  It's essentially all of the files saved within the S3 bucket.  This includes themes, attachments, gallery images, etc.  

To see the full list, search for "Files" in ACP and click the second "files" result:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Regarding cloud backup frequency...  this is a message from @Charles on that subject recently:

All media that is uploaded to your community (images, videos, any sort of files) is now automatically replicated to a write-only backup within 5 minutes of upload. This means that backups of your media are basically continuous now.

This part is not new but as a review.... For databases, we have two levels of backups: daily and weekly. Our daily snapshots are for catastrophic recovery and are extremely robust as they are replicated internally. The weekly backups are what I call "convenience backups" which might sound strange but let me explain.

The weekly backups are not as robust as the daily snapshots but they are more easily restored. This allows our team to easily diagnose issues, assist you with recovering accidental deletions/configuration issues, and compare today to last week/month (we store several weeks for recovery purposes before old backups purge). We find having these two types of backups lets us be more agile in restoring service for both "major" events and "whoops" events.

Edited by Randy Calvert

5 minutes ago, ekforum said:

Thanks @Randy Calvert, that’s great. Are the daily database backups also stored for several weeks? Or how many individual last days are saved before they are overwritten? 

My RECOLLECTION is that it's daily for a week, and then several weeklies.  This would allow them to go back and compare something from a month ago if needed as Charles alluded to in the note I quoted.  

5 minutes ago, ekforum said:

And is it possible to still save manual database backup downloads locally?

Not on a self-service basis.  You would have to work with support to get an export of your database currently.  

Edited by Randy Calvert