Related Articles

Hi there, 

Is there a way, when adding an article, to display a manually curated list of related articles, files, downloads etc? 

I know you can use the tag system or organise things into categories, but I'm looking for something which would allow for a more specific and controlled way of linking and promoting content items which are very specifically related. 

For example, you might right Article A, and then alongside it have a widget/block which said "Other articles in this series: Article B, Article C, Article D... etc". 

Thanks.

Edited by EvanDC

Can I just add here my absolute horror at the typo for "write" in my OP. I can only assume I had been awake for less time than was required and my sleep addled brain got thrown by the use of "might". I'm so sorry to everyone, including my extensive schooling, and my parents!

32 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You could use an additional editor field where you’ll post only the related content links. 

Is it possible to setup such a field with a multi selection drop down box of articles, so when writing the new article you can select as many other articles in the database as you want to link to? I'm guessing not. 

6 minutes ago, EvanDC said:

Is it possible to setup such a field with a multi selection drop down box of articles, so when writing the new article you can select as many other articles in the database as you want to link to? I'm guessing not. 

Yes, it is possible with the database relationship field. It creates a comma-separated list of the other articles in a specific database.

2 hours ago, opentype said:

database relationship field.

There is an issue whenever using such field that I am facing there is no way to make it in order descending or ascending. Records from the same or other databases will never be shown in order. I hope IPS can add more settings to this database relation field to make the results displaying in the order I would like to see them.