HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to search

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

A user has pointed this out and I have confirmed I can repeat it.

Entering something in the search box then pressing enter results in "This page isn't working" and "HTTP ERROR 500"

There are two entries in the error log but they refer to repeated searches in a short time e.g. please wait 18 more seconds...

PHP8, IB Version 4.7.8

Could I please confirm that you are checking the error log entry on your server rather than the error log in our software's ACP? A 500 Internal Serve Error will stop our software from processing so would not be logged in our software's error log. You would need to get your server's error log to see the issue here. If you are unsure how to do that, please contact your hosting provider.

This is what the error log shows for each attempt at a search:

PHP Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\Theme\hook1::filters() must be compatible with IPS\Theme\class_core_front_search::filters($baseUrl, $count, $id, $action, $elements, $hiddenValues, $actionButtons, $uploadField, $class = '', $attributes = [], $sidebar = null, $form = null, $errorTabs = null) in /home/osforums/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(951) : eval()'d code on line 173

16 minutes ago, indomitable_merged said:

Turns out the search works if I switch off the Birthdays Widget from @Adriano Faria. I had only just added that because the users wanted birthdays back in the calendar - ironic.

Curious to know what a widget that has absolutely nothing to do with search breaks your search. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Post any logs you have. Let’s check it out.

21 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Curious to know what a widget that has absolutely nothing to do with search breaks your search. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Post any logs you have. Let’s check it out.

Thank you but it seems I blamed your widget unfairly. I re-enabled it and search still worked - so I have no idea why it was producing an error but it no longer is!

Thanks all.