New GraphQL and REST API - oAuth settings

Hi.

When creating an oAuth for both GraphQL and REST API scopes, you get the Scopes (REST) tab, but what are you supposed to enter where it says Key? Can you put any name, or is it to specify a member id, or perhaps if you have already created a REST API Key, do you need to use the same one or must it be completely different?

If you don't enter a Key in this field, the form resets to blank when you select any scopes and hit save, so I imagine that this Key field is required.

Thank you!

Could contain: File

Sorry I’m confused. I’m not trying to create a SSO for people to use, just creating an oAuth with both GraphQL and REST API scopes.

Reference my other topic, I’ve been trying for weeks to get this GraphQL working, the help documentation/guidance is really poor and the comments of the Blog entries are no longer available where there were extra tips and clues, and I’ve discovered that the warning about the server not supporting authorisation is a misleading false positive as it shows if you are using PHP-FPM and doesn’t actually check if Authorization works correctly.

Thanks Daniel & Marc, much appreciated as always. I will take a deep look at that guide, I just couldn’t figure out what it was actually asking me for in that key field because above it it suggests it wants a name but if it wants a key, on the original REST API page it generates the key for you.

On 3/23/2023 at 12:36 PM, Daniel F said:

This are the oAuth Scopes https://www.techlearnings.org/single-post/oauth-2-0-scopes-roles-grant-types

The form is quite confusing, I've filled a bug report to improve it. There's no need for all the whitespace between the left fields.

Hi Daniel,

Apologies, that's a good site but I don't see the answer on that page as to what to enter in the key field in my screenshot. 🤔

Please can you clarify?