Upgrade from v2.3.5 (ID: 23008)

Wow, 2.3.5 is really old at this point. Direct upgrades from 2.x to 4.x aren't supported anymore, unfortunately. You'll need to upgrade to 3.x first, and then to 4.x.

From their guide: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/server-management/install-and-upgrade-r259/#ipb3toips4

IP Board 2.x
There is no direct upgrade path from 2.x to our latest products. However you may find a 3rd party who can do this. Please take a look at the providers section, where you may find 3rd parties who offer this service. A direct link to this can be found here

https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I cannot see any license on your account with the ID you mentioned. If you would like to screenshot what you are seeing and send in a request to accounts on the contact form below, we can advise accordingly

I have an empty license slot which was not pointed to a website.😅 

Could contain: Text

Could contain: File, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Text

3 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Wow, 2.3.5 is really old at this point. Direct upgrades from 2.x to 4.x aren't supported anymore, unfortunately. You'll need to upgrade to 3.x first, and then to 4.x.

3 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

I can see that as being just plain PAINFUL.  You're not only going to have to address database conversion, but also having  a separate hosting environment that has the system requirements to run the old 3.x version in order to step into the 4.x version later!

Thank you m8s. Maybe upgrade from 2.x to 4.x is not a good idea. 😂 It seems building a new site is easier. (I have only 80 topics in the 2.x board)

If you have only ~80 topics, and you don't mind your members having to re-register their accounts, it's indeed faster to start from scratch with a fresh install.

You'll lose less time re-posting the topics yourself than going through the upgrade process twice.

I've done my fair share of legacy upgrades from 2.x to 4.x, and for 80 topics it's not worth the hassle if there's no other data you care about on 2.x. 😅

Edited by teraßyte

Also, if you really care about saving those topics, you can save them and then repost them again. After that use those plugins to change author and date of the topics to the original ones.

Like this as @teraßyte suggested after you start fresh. You can still save those 80 topics, yet it will take some time to repost them and then change author and date to the original ones.

Edited by Afrodude

On 3/21/2023 at 11:27 AM, teraßyte said:

If you have only ~80 topics, and you don't mind your members having to re-register their accounts, it's indeed faster to start from scratch with a fresh install.

You'll lose less time re-posting the topics yourself than going through the upgrade process twice.

I've done my fair share of legacy upgrades from 2.x to 4.x, and for 80 topics it's not worth the hassle if there's no other data you care about on 2.x. 😅

On 3/21/2023 at 4:49 PM, Afrodude said:

Also, if you really care about saving those topics, you can save them and then repost them again. After that use those plugins to change author and date of the topics to the original ones.

Like this as @teraßyte suggested after you start fresh. You can still save those 80 topics, yet it will take some time to repost them and then change author and date to the original ones.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:16 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

The license itself you can indeed renew if you wish. There is no direct upgrade path though, as mentioned above

Thanks for the suggestions. I have renewed the licnese and installed lastest version, I will repost the topics. 😁