Dark mode for the IPS documentation and guidance pages

The Old Man

18 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Thank you @Matt it’s early days but will V5 still support themes?

Of course, making the software your own is always something  that would remain achievable on the platform 🙂 

19 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Sorry about that! I need to think a little sometimes before submitting a post. Frustration seems to be getting the better of me these days.

It happens 🙂 All  good

7 minutes ago, Grafidea said:

Is it more or less known when V5 will come out?

They don't typically tie dates to releases, but if you read between the tea leaves on statements about deprications...  you can get a rough idea.

It's been said that the Commerce ticket system is being removed in IPB 5.  

Separately Matt has said regarding it's removal:

The deprecation for the support desk is really a "heads up" as to our intention down the line. It's not going to be removed this year, and probably not the first quarter of 2024. We will keep everyone updated with timelines and such when we have them. 

If you put two and two together...  that would roughly put the timeline for IPB 5 around Q2 of 2024.  But again... IPS generally does not give timelines for releases.

This is simply an educated guess deduced by evaluating different statements and piecing together a guess based on everything heard.  🙂 

@The Old Man I created my own CSS for the IPS website years ago because I find it easier to read and navigate.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Could contain: File, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Person

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Could contain: File, Advertisement, Webpage, Poster

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Text, Page, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

@Matt When it comes to copying and pasting content from same website or another, there is a problem that all Light/Dark theme sites experience. The problem is that it replicates some CSS along with the text, which changes how other people see the content on themes.

Example:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage, Electronics

<span style="background-color:#ffffff; color:#7f8c8d; font-size:12px; text-align:start">The features discussed in this announcement are available in both Invision Community and Invision Community Classic.</span>

We had discussed some solutions in here.

Just hoping that you folks will address this problem with CKeditor 5 in IPS version 5.

Edited by Afrodude

That looks much more comfortable to read at night!

I know some browsers have a workaround to try and recreate a dark mode on the fly, but for now my favourite workaround solution (whilst studying IPS’ website at 3am in my dark bedroom with my iPad perched on my chest)… is to switch to my other glasses that have those photo reactive lenses, and switch on a UV fly killer lantern mounted next to my pillow.

😎 Ah, nocturnal bliss!