Where is the Past Date Settings for Records?

Go to solution Solved by CheersnGears,

This fact should have been in the release notes. I did read them knowing about the past dates issue, and it said nothing about losing the ability to schedule posts if comments were synced with forums. I upgraded and now I’m stuck.  

This was a failure on IPS’s part to fully communicate this change.

• Management

We expect this limitation to be removed in our April release.

We have merged two different concepts into one. We previously had "Publish Date" in pages, but "Future Publish Date" everywhere else.

Merging them did cause some issues which we've been resolving. The final one was when you have Pages records (any publish date) synchronised with a forum (only future publish date).

Just now, Matt said:

We expect this limitation to be removed in our April release.

We have merged two different concepts into one. We previously had "Publish Date" in pages, but "Future Publish Date" everywhere else.

Merging them did cause some issues which we've been resolving. The final one was when you have Pages records (any publish date) synchronised with a forum (only future publish date).

Does this mean there will be future publish date in Gallery eventually? (Hopefully?)

Thanks a lot for the information @Matt, it's really appreciated. Just to beat the dead horse a little bit more, would the restoration of the two publish date concepts also allow for past date publish as well as future date publish? It's really less of an issue for me these days with this plugin I found, but I figure since I've been banging on about it for so long now I'm just curious. 🤠

On 3/10/2023 at 6:59 PM, Dreadknux said:

Thanks a lot for the information @Matt, it's really appreciated. Just to beat the dead horse a little bit more, would the restoration of the two publish date concepts also allow for past date publish as well as future date publish? It's really less of an issue for me these days with this plugin I found, but I figure since I've been banging on about it for so long now I'm just curious. 🤠

Probably not, as that wasnt the intention of the function in the first place. It was more an unintended use

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, andavis said:

We are waiting for the April release to solve that problem.

Until then we have to post every 2 hours our new content 24/7.

Yeah, I didn't realize how important this was to me until it was gone.  I don't post as frequently as you do, but car show season is fast approaching and it's going to cause me major issues.