Error while upgrading to 4.7.8

I suspect a query may be timing out, but we would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

9 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

I suspect a query may be timing out, but we would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Done! @Stuart Silvester

Edited by Maxtor

14 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Thanks!. Issue solved, you're back online.

Can I make a simple mention... for others that have this issue (or similar), it is REALLY beneficial for COMMUNITY support to detail in some form what was done to resolve the issue other than saying "it's fixed".  It may eliminate others from contacting for support if it is something that they can do on their end.

Edited by Tracy Perry

1 hour ago, Tracy Perry said:

Can I make a simple mention... for others that have this issue (or similar), it is REALLY beneficial for COMMUNITY support to detail in some form what was done to resolve the issue other than saying "it's fixed".  It may eliminate others from contacting for support if it is something that they can do on their end.

Thank you for your feedback. We would indeed tend to do this, however there are occasions where there is a fix involved, which would simply be added to the software for a future release, and requires development to intervene to resolve an issue. Where It's a widespread issue, we would of course then patch which negates the need there.

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Thank you for your feedback. We would indeed tend to do this, however there are occasions where there is a fix involved, which would simply be added to the software for a future release, and requires development to intervene to resolve an issue.

So, it was a coding issue that took developer intervention (with indicators it was a bug)?  Even that would be good to know other than "it was fixed".  😉

Not trying to razz anyone...but more detail is always handy if a company is providing support via the forums and no longer via tickets as the primary avenue.

Edited by Tracy Perry

Thanks...so this was definitely an upgrade/conversion issue that involved legacy data.

Was there some modifications made to the upgrade script that will allow others to possibly bypass this issue, or was it a one-off instance?

I would have assumed that an upgrade would be able to cleanly handle legacy data, especially if it involved the base script.

Edited by Tracy Perry