Upgrading from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8 fails

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Hi,

When upgrading our test install from 4.7.7 to 4.7.8 we are presented with the error message:

Truncated incorrect DECIMAL value: '' 
/[...]/public_html/applications/core/setup/upg_107640/upgrade.php::50

where [...] is omitted path name.

Any idea what this is about and how to fix it? Since the upgrade need to complete before accessing the admin pages again, we don't dare to install the update on our main install yet.

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't restored your database, you can have a look in the 'core_log' table for the system log (or you may still be able to get there from the AdminCP). It'll likely be one of the most recent logs, but we'll want to see the message from the 'message' column.

We don't have any decimal values in columns in the default software where this query is running, so it would be interesting to see if this is coming from a third party application or not.

@Jim M The issue still persists, and there is indeed an upgrade in progress - which I can't complete. Please note that the issues is in our test install environment (which has a public address too).

Could contain: Page, Text

@Stuart Silvester Unfortunately I can't access the AdminCP since the upgrade is in progress. And when I continue the upgrade the error message in the first page reappears. I'll try finding info in the core_log table tomorrow morning and I touch base again then. Cheers!

We're having the same issue on your test install as well.

Backtrace doesn't show much

#0 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(1254): IPS\_Db->query()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/setup/upg_107640/upgrade.php(50): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade::runManualQueries()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(594): IPS\core\setup\upg_107640\_Upgrade->step1()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php(326): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->step1()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(47): IPS\core\Setup\_Upgrade->process()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\{closure}()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/applications/core/modules/setup/upgrade/upgrade.php(77): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\setup\upgrade\_upgrade->manage()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/system/Dispatcher/Setup.php(220): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/<domain>>/public/panel/upgrade/index.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Setup->run()
#10 {main}

But since I'm awesome, I got you the queries it's running as well.

array (
  0 => 
  array (
    'table' => 'core_polls',
    'query' => 'UPDATE core_polls SET poll_item_class=\'IPS\\\\forums\\\\Topic\' WHERE pid in( SELECT poll_state FROM forums_topics WHERE poll_state IS NOT NULL)',
  ),
  1 => 
  array (
    'table' => 'core_polls',
    'query' => 'UPDATE core_polls SET poll_item_class=\'IPS\\\\blog\\\\Entry\' WHERE pid in( SELECT entry_poll_state FROM blog_entries WHERE entry_poll_state IS NOT NULL)',
  ),
)

• Solution

We've deployed a fix for this issue. If you have a stuck upgrade, download the files from the Client Area and manually upload to your community. Then continue the upgrade at <url>/admin/upgrade .

If you have upgraded yet, there's nothing to worry about. This fix is included in all future upgrades.